Chapter 19: Welcome back

A few days went by, his voice finally started to come back and he was released to co home. He and David sat in the car, pretty much in silence, being broken time to time by David asking a random question.

"How are you feeling?" David asked. Max shrugged, his eyes locked on the outside.

"Fine, I mean how good can you feel when you just woke up from a coma." Max said. David kept his eyes on the road, thinking of how to respond.

"Well you didn't really miss much, I know your friends are going to be really happy to see you! They spent all of their fee time at the hospital waiting for you!" David said, trying to lighten up the mood. He had forgotten how to talk to Max.

"David I can tell you're trying to make me feel better but you're just pitying me, you don't have to." Max said. He put his knees up to his chest.

"No Max it's not like that at all, I'm just glad you're back!" David said.

"You all would've been better off without me." Max mumbled to himself.

"Hm?" David hummed.

"Nothing." Max shook his head.

"The animals missed you!" David said after a long silence.

"Yeah?" Max said.

"Mhm!" David hummed. Max smiled softly to himself. Soon enough they arrived home. Max got out of the car as quickly as his body would let him. David unlocked and opened the door. Riley came bounding outside and jumped on Max. He fell on the ground and tried to push Riley off him to no avail.

"I missed you too!" Max said to the dog. She eventually got off of him and ran over to David. Max walked inside. The house was messier then it was a couple months ago. There were papers scattered over the coffee table and the floor was dusty.

"Sorry about the mess, kiddo." David said kindly and rubbed Max's head. Max shook his head.

"It's cool." Max said. "And uh David?"

"Yeah Max?" David asked. Max took a hug from David.

"Thanks for everything."

—————————

LAST CHAPTER DONE!! I HOPE YOU LIKED MY STORY! IM STARTING A NEW ONE SOON AND IT'S GOING TO BE A CORALINE CAMP CAMP AU SO BE ON THE LOOKOUT FOR THAT! THE FIRST CHAPTER WILL PROBABLY BE OUT SOON! I HOPE YOU ENJOYED! AND THANK YOU FOR ALL THE KIND WORDS ON THIS STORY! -Finn