Chapter 4: Finding Peggy

Howard's POV
"Edwin stop the car." I said politely.

I watched as the masked person ran across the street dumping a body on the road. The car stopped and I stepped out. I ran over to the body and turned it over. It was Peggy. Peggy Carter. Her eyes were closed. I checked for a pulse. It was faint. Her side was torn and bleeding. We need to get her back to the mansion. I toke the body and put it in the trunk. "Floor it" ,I told Edwin. He raced to the mansion. I took the body out of the trunk and placed it on the plastic coverd sofa. I told Edwin to get a wet cloth, goss, and a wrap, to stop the bleeding. After I finished dressing her wound I went to my room to change clothes. "Sir, I have to go", said Edwin. "Yes of course, come meet me here at 10:15", I said. Yes sir",said Edwin.

As soon as he left I checked up on Peggy Carter. She was moaning in pain. I looked at her wound still bleeding, I changed out her bandages and put an I.V. in her arm so that she could get some fluids in her. I got pain meds and put them on the table next to her. Peggy was the closest friend I had. Being Captin America's (aka Steve Roger) date means a lot to me. I turned my back to her. I didnt want to see her pained expression.
Suddenly she gasped. I whipped back around, her eyes were wide. She struggled to sit up. Her fingernails dug into my skin. I whispered soothing words to here. She finally calmed down and leaned back on the couch. I let out a sigh as her iron grip weakened. Then she fell back to sleep. Well that was unexpected. Her breathing steadied. The she woke up again and toke the IV out and left without a word. I tried to stop her but she attacked me. I grabbed her shoulders and pinned her down. She struggled but quickly groaned in pain and stopped struggling.

"Hey, it's me, your okay." I let up on my grip.

She struggled to sit up she rubbed her head, "What happened? My body hurts all over."

"What do you remember?" I asked, not sure myself.

She glanced down and suddenly stood up, "There in danger! The SSR, they have a traitor there." She wobbled and hissed in pain.

I pulled her down to sit, "Peggy you were just shot, you need to rest."

"Rest?! The SSR are in danger. I am not going to rest!" She unsuccessfully tried to stand up.

"Peggy! The SSR are fine that masked person fled. Whoever it is won't return for a while. Now you can sit down and rest." I snapped at her.

She sighed and relaxed a bit, "What happened? I'm still a little fuzzy."

I told her all I knew but that wasn't a lot. She frowned thoughtfully. I watched her in silence. She suddenly clapped her hand on her leg. She turned to me and took my hands.

"We have to go to Russia. That masked person was talking to herself when I was conscious. She said that, Dr. Ivenchenko would be mad when we get to Russia. See we have to go to Russia and stop him!"

"How do you know you were not hallucinating?" I asked.

She frowned, "Howard I wasn't hallucinating."

I put my hands up in surrender, "Okay, I'll get Edwin to start the jet." I told Edwin to start the jet. He asked, "where are we flying the jet to today sir?" "Russia", I said. Edwin then started the jet. I went to get Peggy. When I got to her she had already packed my things.

She handed me my duffle bag, "Lets go to Russia."

I smiled, "You know Russia is a good place to find cute girls..."

"No!" She commanded.

"Okay fine, Edwin is in the jet waiting for you." I sighed.

"Your coming to you know. I'll need your help to find the Dr." She pointed to the door, "Plus I packed your things."

"Well lets get on the road then honey." I stated.

She rolled her eyes and marched towards the door.

*Time Skip*

"Miss Carter, Mr. Stark, we have landed." Edwin said over the mic.

The jet door opened, "I have to say this is a nice jet."

I glanced at the red carpet, "Red has always been my favorite color." When we got out of the jet I thought I saw someone running. Then a limo pulled up and I was going to ask him why he was here and who he was, but then Peggy went up to him and gave him a hug as he stepped out of the limo. He then introduced himself "Hi I'm John I work with the russian task force.",he said. I said,"Hi" and got in the limo and we drove off.