Chapter 7: Passage

Ellie POV
I hopped in the car. Jass hopped in the passenger side. The truck was already running. I slammed it into reverse and flew out of the parking lot. I searched the cars for Kelly's SUV. I found it turning left. I slammed the car in gear and drove after them. Soon we were speeding down the road. Jass was screaming at me about the cars we were dodging.

"Ellie car! Car! Let me out we're going to crash! What are we doing?! Ellie car!" She screamed at me.

I didn't answer I just focused on the SUV. They took a sharp right. I followed. I thought breifly about calling Jane or Annika but it would take to long. Suddenly we were engulfed by a tunnel. The lights on the walls only helped a bit. I squinted to make sure I was still on Kelly's tail. The tunnel came to an end so the evening light shined on us again. We were in the cities and cars past us left and right. We kept swerving cars as Jass screamed at me.

Suddenly we were engulfed by another tunnel. This tunnel was a lot brighter than the other one. This time I realized Sarah had her hand out the window and she dropped a small figure. As soon as it hit the gravel fog engulfed us. I slammed on the breaks.

The car lerched forward, slamming into the wall. The sound of tires screaming filled the air. Suddenly the car came to a stop. I looked at Jass she was unconscious with blood dripping down her head. She must've hit the window when the car slammed against the wall. The smoke cleared and I went out to check for them. They were no where to be seen. I glanced to my left. Construction cones were put up none of them were broken down or wreaked so they couldn't have gone that way. They couldn't have turned around either they would've hit us.

But where did they go?

I didn't have time to ponder on that because Jass groaned and opened her eyes in the car. I went to the other side of the car. Thankfully we came to a halt in the middle of the road otherwise I wouldn't be able to get her out. I yanked open the dented door. Jass opened her eyes.

"What. . ." She trailed off, "Oh, I told you to watch out."

I smiled, "Like thats gonna happen." I replied sarcastically.

"Did we get them?" She asked grimacing.

I glanced around, "No sadly. We didn't."

She smiled, "What did they disappear on you?"

I glanced around again, "Ya you could say that."

After helping her out of the car I studied the walls. The only way out would be through the wall, or ceiling - if they didn't disappear that is. The walls were covered in signs or colorings. I touched each wall to make sure they were solid. They were. Where could they have gone? Could they just vanish? Jass broke me out of my thoughts.

"Ellie I think you should see this." She said uncertainly.

I walked over there she pointed at the wall. I looked. On the wall was an unmistakable sign of Hydra. I stared in horror. Either some punk off the streets knew what Hydra is or it was a sign for Hydra agents. I looked down at my feet. I was standing on one of the two tire tracks that led right to the wall then disappear.

"Jass are we under ground?" I asked.

"Yes, so that means. . ." She didn't have to finish.

We both knew we found a passage to Hydra's layer.