Chapter 13: Damage Control

Sarah's POV
When I got to the hospital I saw Ben helping Annika into a wheel chair. "What happened?!" I asked him. He said "Damage controle." I went up to him and rubbed his shoulders. He looked stressed. I told him he should go sit down for awhile. He shook his head. Before he could tell me to go away I kissed him and told him I would deal with it. He wanted to aruge but I gave him my death stare. He left right away. I then loaded Jane and Annika into the hospital truck. Then it left.

Kiara's POV
When I was sure they weren't following me I tried to call for backup but I had no signal. I started walking. Until I found a small town called Kickima. I went into the bakery and asked the people behind the desk where the police station was located. They looked at me like I was from another world. The tall guy with black hair said "As you can see we have a very small town so it doesn't have ANY criminals in it." I got the message and as I started to leave I turned on my heels. I was going to ask why they didn't have a police station. When I turned aroud no one was there. I looked around wondering how they could have left without makeing any noise. When a truck pulled up to the back of the store. I went to the back and hid behind three barrels. I saw 2 girls get out of the truck.

Annika's POV
When I woke up in the wheelchair I found myself in what looked like the back of a ambulance. I then saw Jane laying on the hospital bed. I wheeled over to her. She was unconscious. I was trying to get out but my waist was tied to the back of the chair. As we rounded a corner the chair tipped sideways. When it fell I hit my head on the hard floor of the truck. I looked around and found a knife between two cots. I couldn't quite reach it. The more I streached to get it the more my arm hurt. Thats when I looked up to see Jane looking right at me.

Jane's POV
I heard a hard thud and tried to wake up but I couldn't. My eyes felt very heavy. I waited awhile. Then I slowly awoken. I tried to get up but my arm was hurting to much to support myself. I tried to get up using my other arm. I got halfway up then grabbed the side rail. I looked down to see Annika trying to grab something in between two cots. She looked up at me with happiness in her eyes and smiled at me.

"Can you stand?",Annika asked. She scooted the chair back as much as she could since she couldn't stand the chair back up.

I tried to stand but fell back on the bed quickly. I tried one more time. I still felt a little wobbely but I would regain my balence soon enough. Annika asked if I could get the knife. I got it and cut the rope around Annika.

Annika stood up with ease. I felt the truck come to a stop. That's when Annika and I heard two doors slam. I looked at Annika and she had the same expression on her face as me.....hate and fear.

Annika's POV
I saw Jane's face and told her to look for another weapon. She nodded her head slightly and gave me the knife. She knew I was better with a knife. I stood at the door ready for them when they came in.

Jane's POV
I looked frantically for another weapon. I went throgh all the drawers. When I didn't find anything I looked to my left and I saw a steel box with a key lock. It was a good thing I'm good at breaking locks. I kicked the lock very hard and it opened. I looked inside to find...a beautiful black 40cal compact pistol. I took it out to see of it was loaded. It had 3 bullets in the magazine left.

Annika and I were ready for them. We hid behind a couple of beds. When they opened the doors I shot at them and hit one guy in the stomach but missed the other one. He came at me and took his gun out and shot my hand makeing me scream and drop the gun. Annika came from behind him and stabbed him in the back. He turned around but Annika had the blade pointing towards him.

When he turned around Annika stabbed his heart he then fell to the floor.

Annika's POV
I got up and went over to Jane who was holding her hand and crying. "Can I look at it?" I asked Jane. She nodded. I took her hand and looked at it the bullet went through it. I went over to grab bandges to wrap her hand. I found some and went over to Jane. I wrapped her hand tightly she hissed in pain when it touched her open wound. After I was done I looked for some ice to ease the pain. I couldn't find any.

The door was still open and I saw a sign that said Bakery. I told Jane to come with to see if they had any ice for her hand.

Kiara's POV
I ran to Annika and Jane hugging them because I was so happy they were alive. I steeped back and asked, "Jane what happened to your hand?!" "I was shot." she said with a sad emotion. I chuckled. "Lets get you some ice." I told her motioning for Jane and Annika to follow me. I had Jane sit. I finally found some ice and put it on Jane's hand. I told Annika to call 911. After she made the call I closed everything up so nobody saw What we were doing in an empty Bakery. The ambulance came an hour later. We all got in but Annika seemed to be a little on edge. "What's wrong Annika?" I asked in a concerned tone. "Nothing" she said quickly with a shaky breath. "We'll be there in 20mins." said the driver.

Sarah's POV
I went to find Ben. That's when I ran into my dad he looked at me with tears in his eyes. I give him a big hug and he kissed me all over my face. The first question that I wanted to ask him is if he knew where Ben was. But I had to be a civilized daughter and ask how he was and what he's been up to lately. He talked on and on about how worried he had been when he sent me on my first mission but I didn't contact him for over 6 years. I said sorry so many times because I felt bad for not contacting him for so long.