Chapter 5: Hypnotized

Agent Carter's POV
We sat in the hotel together. My side stung a bit but I had worse. I bit my lip as Howard rambled on about some stupid machine he built. I finally stood and took his hands stopping him from pacing. His talk faultered.

"Howard we need to concentrate on finding Ivenchenko. Do you have any devise or something to help us?" I said quietly.

He paused thoughtfully, "Well there one thing that could work but. . ."

"But?" I asked.

"But. . . okay so it works like a dog. If we have something of his then we could have Arty. . ."

I cut him off, "Arty?"

"Ya, that's what I called it anyway, Arty can track someone by there smell. If we have something of his then Arty could track him by the smell and then we have found Ivenchenko." He explained.

"And where is this Arty." I asked.

Howard smiled, "Somewhere close."

*Time Skip*

"Here it is." He pulled open a small door in the cave wall.

I waited for him to pull it out. Once he did he put it in my hands. I looked at it. I was a hand held devise with a screen at the top. It was small enough to fit in my bag. I glanced up at him.

"How does it work?" I asked.

He click a switch on the side I can have Arty smell your shirt and it will appear on the radar. I haven't tested it so it may or may not work but since I built it. . ."

"It most likely does. Now we need it to smell something of Ivenchenko." I cut in.

He nodded, "Exactly, your getting the hang of this."

"Howard I've been doing this for countless years I already got the hang of this. But anyway where do we find something of his." I said.

"Yeah but what?" He asked.

I pondered on that for a moment, "Steve's blood case. He touched it in the lab. If Arty could detect something of him." I opened my purse and took out the sphere, "Here try this."

Howard moved the devise over the sphere. It beep rappedly. Howard pulled it away and clicked something on the screen. It beeped one last time. Howard smiled.

"Got him." He said.

"Where is he?" I asked.

He glanced down, "He's in a harbor about an hour away by car."

I nodded, "Let's go."

*Time Skip, a hour and a half later.*

"Howard I told you the other way would be faster." I complained.

He slammed the car door, "Well sorry I'm not psychic."

"So he's in this building?" I asked.

"If this thing is right then yep." Howard said.

I nodded, "Follow me. And do everything I tell you if you value your life."

"We've been through this before." He complained.

I rolled my eyes and pulled out my gun. I kicked off my heels and felt the cold gravel under my feet. I silently as possible walked towards the door. Howard followed but much louder. I stopped and turned around to face him.

"Can't you walk any quieter?" I hissed

He opened his mouth to argue but he was cut of by the sound of garbage cans being tipped over. We froze. I waited for another second. The noise came from the dark alley. I pointed.

"Go check it out. I'll go inside and try to find anything suspcious." I whispered.

He grumbled about how he might die as he dragged his feet into the alley. I waited until he was gone until I walked up to the door. I tested if it was unlocked. It was. I silently pulled it open and slipped inside.

I started to hear noises in the room on the left side of me. I walked inside and I saw Dr.Ivenchenko turned around to face me. He smiled. I raised my gun to point at his head.

"Agent Carter, it's been a while." He said.

"Put your hands behind your head." I comanded.

"But is that really what you want?" He started twisting his ring.

Some how I found it interesting, "Focus. You have to focus." He said.

My attention on the ring. I felt my arms droop but I didn't care. I was focus on the ring.

"Focus on Steve. Focus on Captin America." He whispered.

Images of Steve before the crash appeared in my mind. I felt my eyelids getting heavy.

"Good now, is there anyone else here?" He asked.
The images faded. I raised the gun again.

"Focus. Remember, focus." He replied calmly.

The images reappeared, "Now, is there anyone else here?"

I felt my self slip away melting into the image with Steve him hugging me, the crash, "Only Howard." I replied, automatically without realizing it.

"Now I need you to do something for me." He said.

I didn't respond. I just melted into Steve. I started to have glimpse of what would've happened if I he didn't crash that plane in the ocean. Our date. We were dancing.

"Find Cheif Kiara and bring her to me." His voice said.

I felt my feet walking me out of the door but I didn't care I was with Steve for one last time.