CHAPTER FIFTEEN

Happy New year lovelies 🥀✨

XxXxXxXx

The entire house is bustling with family members and well wishers. Almost all the women in the building were in the kitchen and some were in the backyard where they were cooking in a traditional way.

The wedding gifts from the groom's family to the bride also known as 'lefe' in the Hausa language are going to be brought to Usman Dãha's house today for his daughter, Sadiya.

Each and every part of the house was crowded not just for the wedding gifts but also to witness the wedding which is in a week.

"Yaya Amma! Ammi said that you should get ready and go to Anty Saf's house before they bring the lefe". That was Hajara, all decked up in her blue Ankara sewn into a peplum blouse and a fitted skirt. It was one of the clothes she has sown for her sister's wedding.

"Okay, gosh I'm so anxious. I can't believe all this is because of me" Amma said, getting into the emotional pit. "Aww, sis. I also can't believe that your going to get married and leave the house in a few days".

"Don't make me cry now Mima! You know what? I can't wait for your own wedding" She smirked evilly. "Hey excuse me. You of all people should know that I'm the least emotional person in this house infact in our entire family so why will I cry? Just wait and see, I'll smile throughout" She gave sister one of her famous promising smiles

"We'll see!" She shut the door close for her to get ready since she was alone in the room. Anty Saima ordered everyone to not step into the room as it's the bride's room and needs to stay clean and neat always.

She was busy walking when she bumped into someone. "Oh I'm really sorry I didn't see you coming" She smiled apologetically. "It's alright Mima. Just go and get ready" The elderly woman who happens to be Hajiya Safina, Mama's mother.

"Okay Anty" She cat walked to her room where she met all of her cousins and best friend sitted. They actually split since they were three guest rooms in the house, and some of the guests also stayed at their Aunts houses so their was enough space.

Hajara, Mahnoor and Kausar shared their room while Salma, Nabiha, Ilham and Ihsan shared Salma's supposed room.

But now everyone including Malika and Nana were in the room which made the room quiet stuffy since the AC was off.

"Guys don't you feel hot?" She asked as she opened the windows and breeze began to dance into the room.

"Ah, check!" Kausar dropped her matching cards on the other cards and they all groaned at her luck.

"I'm talking to you guys!!". Mima walked towards them and realized that they were playing cards. "Without me!" She stood, hands akimbo.

"Who are you?" Nana asked and they all laughed. "Someone you can't do anything without bèbè!" She smiled and requested to joined them so they had to shuffle again and Kausar whom was the only one that checked didn't mind since playing cards is her thing, she's good at it.

"Abeg someone should change the game mana" Nabiha pouted as she's been picking cause she was out of the cards that had circle and that's what they've been playing.