daggers #13

JUSTIN'S P.O.V

sir stell brought me to a restaurant on top of one of the high-rise buildings here in BGC. he offered to treat me but i politely declined which he respected so we paid half and half for what we ordered. i never really knew that there's a restaurant open for the public on this hotel since not much people knew about it. we're not here to stay for the night, by the way. sir stell said he only wanted to bring me here because the view is mesmerizing. and he was right.

i stood near the glass ledge and leaned on it with my elbows as support as i closed my eyes, letting the wind gently blow across my skin. for a moment, i smiled. for a moment, i let myself breathe and forget about everything. my parents, my studies, my apartment, my job, and everything else. tonight, it was just me...... and sir stell. and i'll never forget that.

what really amazes me about this night is that none of the things that happened after i left work are planned. everything was spontaneous. sir stell asked, i answered, and then it all happened.

spontaneous. i think that's going to be my new favorite word. 'cause when i think of it, i'll surely remember him.

"happy?" my thoughts were interrupted when i heard a raspy voice beside me. i looked at him and he inched closer, letting our shoulders touch. there it is again... that spark. damn, what is this man doing to me?

"very.." i softly answered, almost like in a whisper. i looked at him and he was already looking back at me. i couldn't speak for a few seconds, absolutely mesmerized by how his eyes gleam by the light of the night skies.

"thank you po, sir. for bringing me here. you didn't have to pero i really appreciate what you did po. and for that, thank you." sir stell smiled after i said that.

he shrugged. "you're right. i didn't have to but... i want to do it. hindi ko nga rin alam kung bakit eh. basta, i just want to make you smile... kahit ngayong gabi lang."

but, you always make me smile. hskdhekshs harot !!

i giggled at my naughty thought.

"what? may nakakatawa ba sa sinabi ko?" sir stell asked, raising his eyebrow at me which made me giggle even more.

"wala po, sir. wala po."

we teased each other and laughed a bit more before we were suddenly enveloped by silence. it wasn't awkward but it wasn't too comfortable either. good thing, he broke it before i did.

"i'd like to ask you a favor, if that's fine with you."

i faced him and nodded eagerly.

"sure po, there's no problem with that."

before sir stell spoke, he brought up his hand near to my face and gently brushed strands of hair away from my forehead which is slightly covering my eyes. my heart started beating fast once again at that action but i had to calm myself down before i explode right there, infront of him.

"okay, uhm.." he started.

i stopped breathing. bakit naman ako kinakabahan?

"w-will you... oh wait."

"can we... ugh, wait that's.."

"is it fine if we.. damn.. "

sir stell continued stammering infront of me which made me laugh at him but he scolded me with his face so i immediately stopped myself and tried to stifle my laugh. he breathed in and out before finally speaking up, compressing his words all in one breath.

"isitfineifwebecomefriends?"

ano daw?

i blinked my eyes in confusion.

"ano po? sorry, sir, 'di ko po nagets. may humahabol po ba sa inyo?"

he chuckled once again and apologized.

"sorry... i said.. is it fine if we become friends?"

"huh? why are you still asking me that, sir? akala ko nga po friends na tayo eh. hindi pa pala?" mygod, so nag-aassume lang pala ako??? T____T

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA" tinawanan pa ako parang timang talaga 'to si sir stell. T____T

he catched his breath before speaking. "right, yeah, oo nga. friends na nga tayo, yeah, right."

oh, okay. okay, buti naman.

"i just thought na hindi pa since you still call me 'sir' and gumagamit ka pa din ng 'po' at 'opo' kapag kinakausap mo 'ko, so, i wanted to ask you formally para naman sure, diba?" he giggled. ang cute, kaasar.

"yes po- i-i mean, y-yes, sir stell- ay! i mean, yes, yes."

"it's fine. kapag wala tayo sa univ, just call me stell. understood, jah?"

"understood, stell."

stell. i like that. :)