daggers #43

JUSTIN'S P.O.V

i sighed heavily when i noticed that stell had just gone to the dancefloor while i was talking to josh and ken on the phone. paulo went outside to answer an important call, josh and ken wished me luck before walking away to have some fun in their own world, and apollo... well, he might be hooking up with someone or whatever. now, it's just me all alone sitting on our couch while eyeing the tipsy stell on the dancefloor.

he's quite famous especially to elegant people since he's a model now that's why as soon as he stepped in, i noticed how some guys and girls immediately talked to him.

i was just watching him make friends with other people and be the social butterfly that he is when suddenly, he looked back at our place and our eyes met. because of too much shock, my breath hitched and I wasn't able to process whatever is happening but all i know is that... i'm getting lost in his stare once again.

this is it.

i stood up from my seat and carefully made my way towards stell, who was holding a glass of whiskey, standing near the crowded area, and looking at me intently.

but when i got closer, i noticed that his eyes were glassy.

might be because of the alcohol?... oh, shit, no.... he's crying....

tears started rolling down his cheeks and before i knew it, stell was already walking away from me.

"stell, wait!" i tried to call him but he suddenly disappeared into the crowd.

--

STELL'S P.O.V

i went to the rooftop of the bar to get some fresh air. i have to breathe. Justin's presence was enough to suffocate me inside so i knew i had to get out.

i took a box of cigarettes from my pocket and decided i need one of these. i don't smoke before but ever since we met businessmen and high class people from different fields of the industry, i learned how to do it. i don't always smoke though. just when i feel like i need to.

i put the cigarette between my lips and was about to light it up when suddenly, someone pulled it out of my mouth and threw it away.

it was justin. tangina naman.

"ano ba?!" i snarled at him.

"since when did you start smoking?"

"ano naman sa'yo? mind your own fucking business, justin." i said and was about to walk away while lighting a new cigarette but justin was quick to take it from me. he even took the whole box and the lighter and threw them all down the building.

"puta- what the hell is your problem?!" nag-iinit ang dugo ko sa'yo ah.

"don't smoke kasi! it's bad for your health!"

i scoffed at what he said. "excuse me? may i tell you, wala kang karapatang diktahan ako sa kung anong gusto kong gawin, okay? this is my life, justin. so stay out of it!"

he blinked, taking a step back away from me.

"stell.... what the hell happened to you?" he breathed. tears started forming in his eyes. god, i hate seeing him cry.

"what happened to me?" i asked, pointing to myself. the alcohol is now getting in my system and i feel like i'm going to explode if i don't say this now.

i chuckled bitterly. "alright... okay.."

"you left me, justin. remember? ang sabi mo, aalis ka after ng graduation niyo. pero you left, bago palang mag-pasko. tapos malalaman ko you left with vincent? sumama ka sa gagong 'yun, jah?! pinili mo siya kesa sa'kin? bakit..?"

"meron ba siyang mga nabibigay sa'yo na hindi ko nabibigay? meron ba siyang mga ginagawa na hindi ko kayang gawin? jah, ano?! sabihin mo naman sa'kin kasi mababaliw na 'ko kakaisip kung anong mali sa'kin! kung bakit mo 'ko iniwan!" i pleaded, sobbing heavily and trying hard to say the words in my mouth.

"nangako ka sa'kin, jah.... s-sabi mo... sabi mo, dito ka muna... dito ka lang hanggang sa araw na aalis ka na... tanggap ko naman eh.. tanggap ko na noon na hindi magtatagal, aalis ka na pero bakit... tangina... bakit ganon..."

my sobs are getting even louder as i try to catch my breath. i can't even breathe properly anymore. it just... hurts. i knelt down infront of justin, clutching on my shirt as i took heavy breaths. hindi talaga ako makahinga putangina...

"oh no, stell, omygod.." justin knelt down infront of me as well and held me by my shoulders, rubbing them to comfort me.

"breathe, stell.... shit... please, tulips, please, breathe..."

tulips. i looked up at him when i heard him call me by that name. i missed that name so much.
justin's eyes were filled with so much worry as he rubs my back, still helping me to catch my breath.

i don't care whatever i'm feeling anymore and just pulled him by his shirt so i could kiss him.

justin kissed me back and cupped my face to deepen the kiss. i sobbed in between our kisses and my lips trembled against his. the kiss was wet. justin was crying as well and we both know that that kiss would only hurt us more.

but if hurting means being able to kiss the person that i love... then i would gladly do it over and over again...

i pulled away first and locked stares with him. i gently wiped his tears away and planted a soft kiss on his forehead.

"you're still an asshole, justin de dios."

"i know, tulips. i know..."