daggers #15

JUSTIN'S P.O.V

*2 weeks later*

"bye, guys! una na kami ah!" josh told our group mates before we headed towards the exit of the gymnasium.

we just had a meeting with the cheerdance team and our coach told us that our training and practices will start a week from now because the UAAP Cheerdance Competition will be held on the third week of November, and at this time, it's already August. that means we have, more or less, 3 months to prepare. most of the members of salinggawi aren't new so we are pretty much used to the feeling of being exhausted from the day-to-day practice for the competition. according to josh, ken's trainings for UAAP Sports has started as well as the opening of the season wil be on the third week of September. however, the UST men basketball team's first game will be held on the first week of October.

"Ramen tayo." josh said. it's already 6:00 pm and we are now about to go home.

"tinatamad ako. gusto ko nang matulog." i said while scratching my eye. grabe wala pang practice for UAAP pero yung pagod ko good for 10 years na yata. T_____T

"dali na, jaaaaaahh. masama matulog nang hindi pa kumakain. tsaka kapag umuwi ka na, lulunurin mo nanaman sa schoolworks yung sarili mo hanggang sa makalimutan mo nanaman kumain. 'lika na, lilibre nalang kita." josh insisted, clinging his arms onto mine. i tried to push him away but he only hugged my arm tighter until we laughed together at our silliness.

"ang panget mo, para kang unggoy."

"ang sama ng ugali mo!"

"aray ko naman!" gagong 'to hinampas ako sa braso. -,-

"ah ganun, josh? sige, hALIKA DITO!"

josh started running away while screaming and i chased behind him like an angry predator. people were starting to look at us as we pass by them one by one. we probably look like idiots. josh continued running and i kept chasing him while we laugh our ass off until we reached the parking lot and then-

"josh!!"

a bright light suddenly blinded my vision and a loud noise coming from the car's honk filled my ears, almost hurting them.

fortunately, i was able to push josh away before he got hit by the car and both of us fell on the ground. the driver went out of the car, fuming mad and immediately grabbed josh by his collar. i tried to pull josh away from him but his grip on josh's polo was too hard. i could see how my bestfriend was trying hard not to cry infront of this man.

"tangina, ano bang trip niyo?! kung magpapakamatay kayo, 'wag naman kayong mandamay! tangina kung nasagasaan ko kayo edi nagkaron pa 'ko ng kasalanan, mga punyeta!" the middle-aged man shouted at josh's face before pushing him hard, causing him to fall on the ground again. i helped him to stand and the man was about to go back to his car but i followed him. tangina, don't ever touch my friends like that.

"hoy, ikaw!" i shouted and he faced me, anger is still evident on his face and he looks like he wants to punch me right there. don't worry, ako rin naman.

"humihingi po ako ng tawad para sa'min ng kaibigan ko. pero wala po kayong karapatang gawin 'yun sa kanya. wala kang karapatang hawakan siya." i felt josh trying to pull me away and calm me down.

"e gago ka pala eh. kayo 'tong nagtatakbuhan sa daan tapos ikaw pa 'tong galit?"

"may kasalanan po kami at alam namin 'yun. pero sana mag-sorry ka din po sa bestfriend ko dahil sinaktan mo siya."

"jah, tama na, halika na, please... " josh whispered. hell, no. i'm not backing down until this fucker apologizes to my bestfriend.

"you need to apologize to him." i said, sternly, emphasizing each word for him to understand.

the man stepped closer to me, staring me down.

"eh paano kung ayoko?"

i didn't answer. i only looked him dead in his eyes..... thinking if i should punch him already... or not.

the man scoffed before he walked back to his car.

"yabang, 'kala mo naman ang ganda ng kotse." i said to myself but i guess it was loud enough for the man to hear because he faced me once again.

"anong sabi m-"

"whoa- wait lang po!"

he was about to grab me too but stell came out of nowhere and stood in between me and the older man.

"at sino ka naman?!"

stell cleared his throat. "i'm one of this guy's professors." he stated, pointing at me.

"ano po bang nangyayari dito?" he carefully asked, eyeing josh and i and probably noticing the chaos based on how we look like.

"etong mga estudyante mo, napaka-babastos! ganyan ba tinuturo dito sa university niyo?!"

"sir, ako na po ang humihingi ng paumanhin para sa kanila. ako na rin po ang bahalang kumausap sa kanilang dalawa. makakaalis na po kayo."

the man didn't bother to argue anymore and just went in his car to drive away. stell faced josh and i and sighed while putting his hands in his pockets. is he disappointed? :(

"are you guys okay?"

i nodded and glanced at josh who wasn't talking and only kept his head low.

"josh?" stell called out, making josh slowly look up at him.

"are you okay?"

"okay la-"

"sinaktan po siya nung lalaki kanina." i spoke for him. i knew he was gonna say he's okay but i can clearly see that he's not.

stell asked to both of us to follow him to guidance office to talk about this matter at hand. i just hope that nothing worse happens.