daggers #36

STELL'S P.O.V

"CR lang ako ah." justin said before kissing my cheek.

"wait, coffee. i'll go with you." i was about to stand but he pushed me back down.

"'wag na, tulips. i won't take too long. dito ka na lang." jah replied and smiled before walking away.

but that smile didn't reach his eyes...

i felt heavy but i didn't know why so i just tried my best to shrug it off. we're still going to have some fun and i don't want to ruin any of that.

JUSTIN'S P.O.V

i washed my face with water, trying to ease whatever this heavy feeling is. i just stood there, my hands on top of the sink as i stared at my reflection in the mirror.

"kasalanan mo 'to..."

i immediately shut my eyes close as i heard those words in my head again.

parang pinapatay ako ng paulit-ulit tuwing naaalala ko yung mga salitang binitawan ng mama ko bago niya ako iniwan.

small sobs came out of my mouth and i had to cover it with my hand so that i won't make too much noise.
"i'm sorry, ma... i'm sorry, pa... i'm sorry.... s-stell.. i'm so sorry..." i cried, sitting on the floor and hugging my knees close to my chest. fortunately, there was no one in the comfort room that time.

suddenly, i heard the door open and i immediately stood up to hide in one of the cubicles. i sat down the toilet and covered my mouth, trying to hold in my sobs.

the sound of the guy's chunky black leather shoes echoes through the comfort room everytime his heels would hit the floor. i followed his footsteps with my eyes and he stopped by the sink. i wiped my tears with the back of my hands and fixed myself, ready to go out now but before i could even open the bathroom stall's door, i got shocked when that guy stopped right infront of the cubicle where i was in.

is he falling in line? ang alam ko ako lang ang tao dito mula kanina ah? so, the other stalls are all empty.

"hey, jah." i internally screamed.
shit, it's vincent.

"did you follow me?"

he scoffed. "no. why would i do that? it's a coincidence, babe."

i can clearly imagine that annoying smirk on his lips and i suddenly felt the urge to punch him.

"what are you doing here, vincent?"

"hmm? this is the men's comfort room diba?"

i groaned internally and rolled my eyes. "you think you're funny, don't you?"

"nah, just quite witty." he said and chuckled.

"ano bang kailangan mo?"

"why don't you go out of that cubicle and talk to me face-to-face? hindi ba tinuturo dito sa university niyo ang respeto?"

really??? coming from him???

i sighed and opened the door so i could step outside and face him.

"you cried." vincent stated and i rolled my eyes.

"eh ano naman sa'yo?"

"wala... i just don't like seeing you cry."

but you always make me cry...

"why don't you just tell me kung bakit ka nandito para makabalik na 'ko 'kila stell? baka hinahanap na nila ako."

vincent sighed, bowing his head low as his shoe taps the floor continuously as if he's contemplating whether he should tell me or not.

and i didn't know why but i felt nervous again...

i can feel that he's going to say something na hindi ko magugustuhan...

please... sandali lang..

"you're not going back to them, jah."

what????

i tried to stop tears from forming in my eyes but in mere seconds, they were already filling to the brim and i started shedding tears once again.

"vincent.... a-anong ibig mong sabihin...?"

he gulped. "we're leaving tonight."

and my world fell apart.

-------

josh, ken, paulo, and stell all gathered at the grandstand together with the other students as they started the 10-second countdown before the fireworks will be released.

"10!...9!...8!...7!..." the people cheered and everytime they would shout, stell would feel his heart ache even more.

because all he wishes to do right now is to turn back the time. turn it back to when justin was still there with him... maybe he could've held him tighter, so that he won't be able to escape.

stell had a feeling that this night would be their last night together. but all he did was shrug it off, assuming that maybe he's just overthinking.

but now.... where's justin?

"3!...2!...1!... whoooooo!!!"

the people around them jumped around and cheered, contradicting to how the four of them were feeling.

after the fireworks display, stell faced josh, hoping to get some answers from him.

josh sighed. "he left, stell. wala na si justin."

and right there.... his heart broke into millions of pieces... and his world was shattered right before his eyes.