daggers #34

STELL'S P.O.V

i took a sip on my strawberry frappe while scrolling on my laptop, checking a few files sent by my students. staying in this cafe until justin's shift finishes has been a routine for me now. i'm starting to get used to it. he used to hate it when i do this because he feels like i'm getting tired of waiting. but like i always say to him... "kung mapapagod ka, dapat ako rin. kasi kapag pagod tayong dalawa, pwede nating gawing pahingahan ang isa't isa." and eventually, justin just gave up and let me wait for him every night.

9:20 p.m.

10 minutes left... suddenly...

the door swung open, making the chimes above it jingle and all the workers turned their heads to look at whoever came in this hour of the night when they're about to close the cafe.

nevertheless, their manager greeted. "good evening, sir."

the guys who entered was wearing a white shirt and a black & white jacket on top, ripped jeans, black rubber shoes, and a black bracelet on his wrist. his other hand is full of tattoos and i bet it goes up until his arm.

he looks young, probably a few years younger than me.
my eyebrows furrowed when he gave me a quick gaze and smirked, continuing to walk towards the counter.

why did give me that look? naghahanap ba ng away 'to? o baka napogian masyado sa'kin? joke lang :>

justin was the one taking his order but..... why does he look so tensed? also, he kept on looking at me as if he's checking my reaction. who the hell is this guy?

my eyes narrowed in slits when i saw the guy pull three purple tulips from his back pocket and gave it to justin. i stood up from my seat, walking calmly towards that guy.

when i noticed that justin still haven't accepted the flowers, i cleared my throat.

"white tulips ang favorite niya." the guys infront of me turned his head to his side before turning around to face me completely. before i knew it, justin made his way towards me as well.

"i beg your pardon?" he asked, that annoying smirk was back on his lips.

"ang sabi ko..." i took a step forward.

"white tulips ang favorite ni justin. not the purple ones.." i felt jah tug the hem of my shirt but i didn't tear my death stare from the other guy.

"aahhh.... sorry, my bad." he said, putting his hands up in surrender before throwing the tulips in the trash bin nearby.

"that's okay. i can give him more than just some tulips anyway. right, jah?" i looked at jah after he said that and jah was just looking back at me, panic slightly evident in his eyes. why does he look so uneasy?

"sino ka ba?" i asked.

he chuckled before offering his hand infront of me. "vincent apollo okada. i'm justin's...."

justin's what...

"...friend. i'm justin's friend. i just paid him a visit that's why i'm here."

i nodded, gently taking vincent's hand.

"stellvester ajero. i'm justin's boyfriend."

one of his eyebrows quirked up as he smirked.

"i see... well, i gotta go now. it was nice meeting you, stellvester. i'll see you around."

vincent let go of my hand and turned towards justin.

"you too, jah. i'll see you around." he said before ruffling justin's hair and chuckling.

i watched as he walked away. something feels different about him... and justin as well. he looks so tensed up with just the mere presence of that guy.

who is he, really?

"tulips?" my thoughts were cut off when justin called me. he strokes my arm gently as he smiles softly.

"uwi na tayo?"

and I didn't know why but i suddenly pulled justin in a hug. .. a tight hug. i didn't know why but i felt like.... he's gonna drift away from me.... like something's going to take him away.

he hugged me tight too, stroking my back to comfort me as well. i felt justin bury his face by the crook of my neck and so i planted a quick kiss on his temple before releasing him.

"let's go." i said and pulled him towards my car.

the whole drive was quiet. it wasn't awkward... but it wasn't comfortable too. it seems like both of us were in deep thought.

did vincent's presence affect us that much? but why?