Chapter 18

His

I woke up because of the sunlight hitting my face. I knew I am at my girlfriend's house. I smiled as I remembered the memories and moments we shared earlier. Damn, that was the happiest moment of my life.

I opened my eyes, and I was expecting that I will be welcomed by her beautiful face but wala, hindi siya nakahiga, baka nagluluto na. I stood up and wore my boxers. Wala naman si Sofia dito.

Thankfully, they found her. Kawawa naman yung baby ko na naghahanap kahapon. "Baby?" I called her, but no one answered. Pumasok ako sa kusina and no one was there.

Tinignan ko yung bawat sulot ng bahay nila, but no signs of her. Damn, please wag naman sana.

I tried contacting her phone habang naglalakad ako palabas ng bahay nila, I didn't bother fixing my hair and clothes. I dialed her number for the 4th time at ang laging nagsasalita is yung nakakairitang boses saying the sim's subscriber is cannot be reach.

"Fuck. Please, I don't want to... Damn, no please." I said as I drove to the company. I'm looking thoroughly at each sides of the road, baka nandon lang siya naglalakad. Pero wala, wala parin.

Nang makarating ako sa kompanya ay tumakbo ako papunta sa elevator pero putangina, walang elevator ang available. I didn't had a choice but to run through the stairs. Wala akong pakealan kung pawis na pawis ako pagkarating sa top floor.

I immediately opened the door of our office but her empty chair welcomed my sight. Lumabas na ulit ako and asked Nicole, her closest friend in the company.

"Have you seen Nyx?"

She was shocked of my sudden appearance in front of her. Busy sila ng mga ibang empleyado na nagkekwentuhan pero agad agad na nagsibalikan sa sari sariling pwesto nang marinig yung boses ko.

"P-po?"

"Did you goddamn see my girlfriend?" I asked her for the second time. Wala ako sa mood mangsisante ngayon.

"N-no---"

"Tangina mo Silvestre." Habang pasagot si Nicole ay nakita ko yung isang bodyguard sa kompanya, patingin tingin habang nagsasalita, halatang may kausap sa earpiece niya.

I didn't hear the other words that served as Nicole's answer. Dali dali akong pumunta sa elevator. My eyes were livid, nangangati para sumuntok ng walang pusong tao. How dare he!

Pagkarating ko sa ground floor ay tumakbo ako papunta sa labas. I hopped into my car and drove immediately to the place where I considered hell.

Naabutan ko sila na nag kekwentuhan sa sala. Lucia and Silvestre were laughing and Duncan was just silent sitting on a sofa. They both stopped when they saw me walking towards them.

"Erebus!" Sigaw ni Lucia nang hilahin ko ang kwelyo ng mga damit ni Silvestre.

"Where is she?" I asked him. Hindi alintana yung maarteng sigaw ng kabit niya. I can also see using my peripheral vision that Duncan stood up. Tumigil ang mga maid sa pagtatrabaho and my grandmother who came from the kitchen was shocked, nakatulala lang saamin.

"Who?" He said, umaarteng walang alam at inosente.

"Fuck you! Where is my girlfriend?!" Nagulat ang lahat dahil sa pagsigaw ko, even Lucia who's now acting like siya ang inaapi ko.

Silvestre laughed, making my temptation to kill him to be increased. "Oh! Your precious secretary slash girlfriend." He looked directly into my eyes. "Guess what? She left you."

He laughed again, with sarcasm in his voice. "For money." He added.

That moment, my thoughts became black. The next thing I knew, he's now on the floor and blood's dripping from his lips. I punched him, again.

Pero tumawa ulit siya. "You thought someone will love you? No! Lahat lang sila nabubulag sa yaman na dinadala mo! Iiwan ka din ng----"

"Putangina mo! Fuck you! Putangina mo Silvestre! Putangina mo!" I said as tears started flowing on my cheeks. The people that were here in the living room were shocked, due to what they're witnessing and because of my tears.

"You don't know how much Nyx means to me! She was there when I expected all of you to be there for me! She was there! Siya pa na walang kinalaman saakin! Lahat nalang, putangina, lahat nalang, yung nanay ko, yung mga bagay na para saakin, ngayon naman yung babaeng pinakamamahal ko. What did I do to you?! I obeyed everything you've said! I obeyed everything kahit masira na pagkatao ko! I d-did everything you want me to do because you're my f-f-father! Umasa ako na baka kapag sinunod kita, magbabago yung tingin mo saakin, na ituturing mo rin akong anak pero wala, umasa lang ako." I wiped my tears, at the same time, my voice cracked.

I looked at him directly. Nakatayo na siya ngayon at nakatingin saakin. I don't care if I'm crying right now. Gusto ko lang makita ulit si Nyx.

"H-how can you do this...." I closed my eyes tightly. "to your own son?"

Magsasalita na sana siya nang inunahan ko ulit siya. "I accepted every hit that came from you even though I did nothing wrong. I accepted every painful words, painful slaps and painful scenarios that I've witnessed. I accepted everything."

I opened my eyes. "But this, you, getting the woman that I love the most away from me. It's a different thing. I lost my mother, your wife, Silvestre. If you have still mercy in your heart for me as your son, bring Nyx back to me. Please." I said.

Nakatingin lang siya saakin, I waited for his answer but wala akong nahintay. "I guess, you're really now a monster. Okay, then." I said and wiped my tears again. Paalis na sana ako nang nagsalita siya.

"Kung sana naging mabuti ka lang talagang anak, hindi ka niya iiwan. I told you, she left because of money, Erebus."

"Fuck you." I said. I don't believe in his words. Nyx is not a woman that will get blinded by money.

My baby is not like that.

When I closed the door of my room, a lone tear escaped from my eyes and it was followed by another one until in became a river of tears.

I sat down just behind my door and cried on my knees. I cried and cried but damn, my tears won't stop.

I stood up. Tangina, lahat nalang ng sulok ng kwarto ko, siya at siya lang ang nakikita ko. Umupo ako sa paanan ng kama ko. I closed my eyes.

Damn, it's becoming dark again.

I can't understand why, why did she do that. I know it's not money, it can't be.

I heard a knock on my door. Hindi ko na pinansin kung sino man 'yon. I don't care. I don't care about anyone except for my baby.

Lucifer's voice echoed in the room. He was with someone, it's Duncan but he was silent. Wala akong lakas para palayasin siya.

"Dude, what happened?" Lucifer asked.

"I thought, she will never do that to me...She promised, Lucifer. She promised." I said. Her words were so vivid in my memories.

"Ano bang nangyari?"

"Nyx." I whispered her name as tears came out from my eyes again.

"She...She left me. Iniwan niya ako."