Epilogue

His

I cleared my throat as I got the mic in my hand.

"Baby, do you remember that time when you saved me from being drowned? Not drowned literally but being drowned in darkness, that night I thought of marrying you. You really showed me how it feels like to be loved to be taken care of. You thought me to look at the positive side of every situation. You changed---No, You gave me an inspiration to change and you helped me to change for the better. You and our son are the reasons why I am still breathing. If I had the chance to shout loudly that the world can hear me, I would shout how much I love you. Let me be your crying shoulder, let me be the hand the will help you to get up when you're at the verge of giving up. Let me share every moment, happy or sad, with you. In faith, honesty, and love, take you to be my wedded wife. I pledge to share with you God's plan for our lives together united in Christ. For better, for worse, in sickness and in health, in joys and in sorrows, until death do we part. I promise you all of this and more with God's help to strengthen and guide me as your supportive wife. I give you all that I have, myself and my love. All these things I pledge to thee in the Name of our Lord Jesus Christ. With this ring I seal my vow of love to you and pray I may fulfill God's place in our home. I love you."

Before I loathed the Almighty God for giving me the worst family a man could ever had. But now I thanked Him for giving the best life. It is really true that if you wait for the right timing, He will give you more that you expected.

I am crying while putting the ring on my wife's finger. I just can't believe that she is my wife now. Damn, I am so lucky.

I looked at her. She is now going to speak her vow.

"Erebus, thank you for all the things you did to me, I appreciate them all. From the little things, like making me coffee in the morning, massaging my back everytime you will pass behind me, kung paano mo patulugin si Orpheus kahit na ako naman dapat yon dahil gusto mong magpahinga ako. Yung gusto mong ikaw ang sumundo saakin kahit may personal naman tayong drivers. Lahat ng yon, mahal ko, napansin ko at na appreciate ko. Nung gabing nakita kita sa kakahuyan, may naramdaman ako sa puso ko at nang naging tayo, nalinaw ko na 'yon, gusto kong ako ang tumulong sayong makaahon laban sa kadiliman habang buhay. M-May mga tao mang pilit na pinaghihiwalay tayo pero tignan mo kung nasaan tayo ngayon? Nandito sa harap ng Panginoon at sinasabi kung gaano natin kamahal ang isa't isa. Baby, give me your bad hair days, your long commutes, your burnt coffee, and lost keys. Give me your everyday, and I will give you my love to make it alright. I promise to love you for who you are, and for who you are yet to become. I promise to be patient, and to remember that all things between us are rooted in love. I promise to nurture your dreams and to help you reach them. I promise to share my whole heart with you, and to remember to show you how deeply I care for you, no matter the challenges that may come our way. I promise to love you loyally and fiercely-as long as I shall live."

She slowly slid the ring on my finger. Damn, I can't wait to kiss her.

"With the honor bestowed in me, I shall announce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride."

I didn't miss every single chance, I locked my arms on her waist and pulled her closer to me. I removed the hair dress on her hair and locked our lips together.

I smiled. She is now officially Mrs. Huxley.

We laughed when we heard Lucifer spoke. "Hay nako, grabe naman 'tong buhay ko. Sana sinaksak niyo nalang ako." He dramatically said. May tama na talaga 'tong isang to.

Sumunod naman si Duncan. "Pa-share naman po ng ritual niyo. May favoritism yata talaga sa mundo pagdating sa jowa jowa na yan e."

"Orpheus, come here." I called my son to sit on the picnic mat. We're now here at the cemetery when my mother was buried. Kagagaling lang naman sa sementeryo kung saan naman nakalibing yung mga magulang ni Nyx.

Nakaupo na si Orpheus sa tabi ko. "Hey baby, bakit lakad ka ba ng lakad?" Tanong ko sa asawa ko na kanina pa naglalakad pabalik balik.

His tummy is now big, our princess will be here soon in a month. It's been a year since we had out wedding but damn, if unlimited lang magpakasal, paulit ulit ko na siyang pinakasalan.

"Ay tumigil ka nga dyan, sabi ng doctor kailangan 'to diba." Pagsusungit niya saakin. Natatawa naman ako dahil masungit talaga siya saakin pero wala e, ang ganda talaga ng asawa ko.

"Papa, can you pass me my water bottle?" I looked at Orpheus beside me. I smiled at ibinigay sakaniya yung pinapaabot niya. Nag thank you naman siya saakin at uminom na. I just messed his hair.

Tumingin ako sa puntod ng mama ko na nasa tabi ko. I talked to her using my heart and mind.

"Ma, did you expect that my life would be better? Tignan mo ngayon, biniyayaan ako ng magandang pamilya. Isang matalino, maganda at maalagang misis at mga cute na supling, parating na yung pangalawa mong apo, mama. Proud ka ba saakin? Kung sana buhay ka pa, I am much happier. But I'm happy that I gave you justice and you're now up there, watching and guiding me."

Hinaplos ko ang puntod niya. "I promise that I will never let my children experience what I had. I promise that I will be a good husband and father, Mama."

Napangiti ako nang may humalik sa pisngi ko galing sa likod at tumabi na ang maganda kong asawa sa tabi ko.

"Di ka masungit ngayon baby ko ah." Sabi ko at hinalikan siya sa labi. Ngumiyi naman siya. Nakakatunaw talaga mga ngiti na yan.

"Oo, kaya sulitin mo na." She replied making me laugh.

"Mahal na mahal kita."

Kahit ilang beses ko pa sabihing ang mga katagang 'yon, hinding hindi ako magsasawa.

"Mahal na mahal din kita."

Who would expect na ang lalaking kagaya ko, mayaman nga pero malungkot naman, ay bibiyayaan ng isang babaeng hindi ko naman deserve. Hindi ako makapaniwala na minahal niya ako.

She's my lifeline now, together with our children.

Without her, I am nothing. Without her, my life would be completely dark again. Because her smile, her laugh, her movement, and everything about her ended the darkness that I thought was endless.

She ended the void, the hardships, the sufferings, that I thought were endless. She She gave me the light and air I've been longing for. She is my light, no, she is my life, afterall.