Chapter 4

His

It's been a week since the feud on our family happened. A week after that night happened, the night that I met Nyx. Hindi pa ako umuuwi sa bahay, and I don't have a plan to go home. I'm staying at my penthouse here at Cauayan, Isabela since dito ang hometown namin and my grandparents founded our first company here. Wala na akong balak umuwi sa mansion na yon. I'll go sa birthday ni grandma next month, I'll keep her updated about my life though para hindi na siya mag alala.

I'm in the middle of thinking when the doorbell rang. Sino nanaman 'tong istorbong to? Lumapit ako sa may monitor to see who it was and ang istorbo lang naman sa pag iisip ko, it's Lucifer, a friend of mine.

I pressed the enter button for him to make an access and be able to enter my penthouse. I sat on the sofa and his voice echoed inside my living room.

"What's up, man?" He asked. Dumeretsyo siya agad sa harap ko at umupo.

I stared at the center table and crossed my arms. "What are you doing here?" Tanong ko. Umagang umaga, nandito at nambubulabog. Yes, that is my definition of disturbance.

He laughed loudly, pakiramdam ko mababasag na yung eardrums ko. "Bro, remember the interview? It's today."

Ah, yes. My former secretary Blythe resigned because she wants to continue her study in our university. Well, that impressed me. Nakuha niyang makapasok, ang mahal mahal ng tuition fee don. So, I requested Lucifer to find anyone who will replace her but I want to meet the applicants in person.

"Bakit kasi ikaw pa ang mag iinterview? You have tons of assistants, dude." He asked. Nagsalubong ang kilay ko.

Daming suggestions ng lalaking 'to. Siya na magpasweldo kung gusto niya. "Do they need a secretary? As far as I remember, I am the owner and they are my assistants, my. And I am the one who needs a secretary." I said, pointing the fact in every word that I said.

"Haha. Oo na. For your information, Mr. Huxley. The applicants are waiting outside. Sa may shed ng bahay mo na nakakabili na ng isang subdivision. They are I think, 30 or more applicants there." He explained after laughing. Tuwang tuwa naman siya na iniinis ako.

"Let them in." I commanded. He rolled his eyes and stood up.

"Sige, master. Kung makautos ah, mas mayaman ako sayo, oy." He joked. True, he's rich but I'm richer that him. Nananaginip yata 'tong gagong to.

I showed him my middle finger while he was making his way out. I closed my eyes and leaned my head on the sofa. I remembered my mom again, and my heart aches. But then, the beautiful face of Nyx came and the pain in my heart instantly vanished. When will I see that face again personally? Damn.

"Bro, here are their resumes. Pwedeng dito muna ako? Dyan lang ako sa may island counter para marinig ko, makapagask and marinig mo din opinion-----"

"Ang sabihin mo, may maganda at sexy ka lang na nakita sa mga applicants kaya ayaw mong umalis. Stay 1 meter away from me bago kita mapatay. " He laughed but obeyed what I've said. He put the resumes at the center table. I didn't bother getting one and read.  Makikilala ko din sila mamaya.

The first applicant is a lady. She's tall and very formal.  It think, she's older than me. She sat on the sofa in front of me. The way she sit, she really is a formal. I think, she has 3-5 years of experience as a secretary.