Chapter 1

His

"Isang hapunan lang yun, apo." My grandmother calmly said. She is asking me to join them for dinner which almost made me vomit. Gross! Kailanman hindi ako makikisalo sa hapagkainan ng mga demonyo.

I shook my head, not trying to show that I strongly disagree to her plea. She sighed heavily. She's my grandmother. Siya lang yung pinagkakatiwalaan ko sa napakalaking bahay na 'to. Her name is Elizabeth Huxley. Hindi ko siya matanggihan sa lahat ng bagay, pero kung sa ganito lang, hindi ko alam.

She caught my eyes and asked me. "Hindi mo pa ba kaya, apo? Nandito ako, kasama mo ako sa mesa. You don't need to look at them. Kung gusto mo ako lang ang tignan mo, apo ko."

I smiled because of her words, even though I'm in the middle of pleasing myself to agree and grant her wish.

"I'll think about it, grandma." I said. She smiled back but suddenly, she pinched and twisted my ears. "Grandma! Stop! It hurts!" I shouted.

Lagi nalang siyang ganito. Either, gusto niya lang pagtripan ako or may ayaw siya na ginagawa ko.

"Verygood. No cursing words anymore kapag ginagawa ko yun sayo." She stopped pinching my ears. "Pwede bang matuto ka ng mag tagalog? Nasa Pilipinas ka, apo. Wala ka na sa States."

I chuckled and touched my ears. I know it is red as fuck now. 75 years old na 'tong lola ko pero parang ka-edad ko lang rin. And her taste in fashion is still great. "Nagaaral na po-- Ugh, I'll work on that, lola." I said. Nabubulol pa rin ako pagdating sa pagtatagalog.

She smiled, again. "Sige, apo. Mauuna na ako, ha? Sa hapagkainan nalang kita hihintayin." After that, she kissed me on my cheek and left immediately. I caught myself staring at the door where she made her way out.

Damn, I never joined them for every meal in this house, even at our home in the States. I have a lot of money and madaming restaurants sa labas. I'm a heir, after all. If nandito ako sa bahay, I'll ask the maids to deliver the food here in my room.

Join them for dinner, my ass. They are the reasons why I am in the middle of escaping into my darkness. They are the reason why I hate the light. I loathe everyone in this family, excluding my grandmother. They were blinded with money and forgot the true essence of being in a family. Napakasama ng ugali nila. Sila ang dahilan kaya nakulong ako sa sarili kong kadiliman.

To empty my thoughts, I took my clothes off and entered the bathroom. Sinet ko sa cold yung shower and pushed the button. I felt the cold water started to flow from my hair down to my body. Ipinikit ko ang mga mata ko para pakalmahin ang sarili ko. I'm always like this.

When I'm angry, sad, depress and breaking down, no one was there. No one saw me struggling but myself. I am the only one who can save myself. My friends see me as a quiet person. Others see me as a cold and bad person. Everyone say that I am a ruthless person but I saw myself as a lost person.

"Mom, I am so tired." I whispered into the dark surroundings inside my bathroom. Lumuha ako. I opened my eyes, and the dark wall of my shower room welcomed me. Lagi nalang madilim. Nagsisimula na akong masaktan.

I wiped my tears and went out of the shower. Hindi na ako mag tatuwalya, ako lang naman ang tao dito. Eh, kung papasok na maid sa kwarto ko nang hindi kumakatok, swerte pa nila.