My Fake BoyFriend (chapter 9: Accidents happen)

it's been so long... finally, i've uploaded chapter 9! I'm so sorry. We'd be having exams this week so I think I won't be able to upload soon. sorry. anyway, here you go and Enjoy! :) --love, stupidcupid

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^

I sat down on the bench to rest.

Suddenly, I got that bad feeling. It's when your senses tingle and tell you that something bad has happened. I hated my guts for that.

I got nervous. Instantly, I felt cold as the winter wind. I knew that I was quickly turning pale. I began rubbing my hands. My palm became sweaty. I do not like this sensation. More importantly, I hated the fact that most of my gut- feels come true.

I was so nervous that when I felt the touch of a hand, I jumped onto the bench and did a silly karate stance.

When I realized that it was just a harmless looking male species, I calm down.

"Robin?" I asked.

Robin is a classmate of mine. He looked extra exhausted today. It was as if he was either being chased or he was really in a hurry for something.

"Hey-" was all he managed to say before he grasps for air.

"You-you have to-" He tried to speak again.

"Robin, breathe." I told him as I pat his back.

After five minutes, he finally recovered from his breathlessness.

"Kristine, I've been looking all over for you!" he shouted at my ear.

At that very moment, I felt like I would feel so bad if I heard what he would say. I wished I just walked away. Unfortunately, I didn't.

"What happened?" I asked. I knew that I shouldn't have.

"It's Richard. He's at the hospital. He needs you." Robin said.

I felt as bad as I thought I would be, only worse. I felt a rush inside me. I wanted to go to Richard. I want to see him. I want to hold him in my arms and care for him until he gets well.

Unfortunately, there was also this wall, an emotional one. It blocks me from doing what I should've. Richard and I aren't in the best condition right now. I can't be his friend anymore. I was hurt to much. But this time, I won't cry. I shouldn't.

"He... he doesn't need me." I started saying. "He has Theresa." I added.

I can't believe that I just said that. I definitely stabbed myself.

Robin's mouth hung open.

"Theresa's pathetic. She doesn't want to go. She told me that she has better things to do." He told me.

OM. She did not just leave him!

I should go to Richard. I should be there at least. But again, the wall won't let me. I mean, I was mad at him. No, I am. I am mad at him and I should still be.

Robin looked at his watch and grabbed my arm.

"Please hurry. Richard called out your name just before he passed out. He wants you to be there for him." He tried to convince me.

Richard didn't want me. Robin just said that.

"Even if Richard really did, I'm not sure that I want to." I replied. I didn't know what else to say though that's not what I really felt. I'm not just sure how I would face him.

Robin placed his hand in his pocket and began searching for something. He pulled out a piece of paper and gave it to me.

"Just in case you wanted to go, here's the address." He told me. "I have to go ahead." He told me.