My Fake BoyFriend (chapter 4: His World)

Another chapter! Thanks to those who have supported me, You've really inspired me to post chapters... that's right. POST. I've already written up until chapter 17, in my notebook. :) I just need to type them here. I don't want to be a spoiler so read it for yourself. Sorry if this took a while. I enjoyed typing sidelines. Anyway, here it is. Enjoy! :)) --Love, stupidcupid

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^^~^~^^~^^~^~^~^~^~^~^~~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^^~~^~^~^

It was just 6:00 am but my parents already asked me to wake up and prepare for the meeting with Richard’s mom. First, I ate a hearty breakfast then I took a bath. I was asked to use our best shampoo and soap. After my bath, my mom took me to the salon. She asked Angela, her friend, to style my hair while one of the other staff there cleaned my nails, scrubbed my feet and massaged my hands. After that, my mom asked another personnel to put facial mask on my face. At 12:00 noon, I was well-groomed. A few minutes later, ten dresses came and I was asked to try them all. I chose the simple yellow dress. After picking my dress, I chose a bag, footwear and a jewelry set that matched it. A make-up artist also came to…well, makeover me. At exactly 4 pm, I was finished preparing.

Soon, a car arrived in front of our house. Richard came out of the car. He was wearing a tuxedo.

“You look beautiful.” He said.

I blushed but not because of what he said. It was because I saw Leo and his friends pass by. That guy does know exactly when to show up. I was hoping that he would catch a glimpse of me now that I’m well-prepared. I want him to see how beautiful I can be. I want him to notice me and to be worthy of his eyes. Unfortunately, he didn’t see me. He didn’t even bother to look. Richard saw how disappointed I was so I faked a smile.

We waved goodbye to my parents. Just before we left, my mom told me something.

“You look beautiful, Lauren. Trust yourself. Have fun!” she said.

Richard and I went inside the car. We sat at the back seat. Then I noticed that there was a man in the front seat. He’s the driver. According to Richard, his name is Bernard. He’s been the family driver for ten years.

Then out of the blue, Richard spoke up.

“You look wonderful.” He said.

Then I automatically wished that Leo would say the same thing someday.

After that, we became quiet. To break the ice, Richard added “Just for tonight! Yesterday, I just know that you were chubbier! Surprisingly, your excitement to meet my mom got you thinner.”

We laughed. After a ten second delay, I realized that he was calling me fat!

“Hey!” I said, but I laughed anyway.

“By the way, please don’t be overwhelmed by my house. I don’t mean to brag but we’re kind of rich.” He said. “You’re the first person that I brought over so I don’t know how you’d react to it.” He added.

“Okay. Don’t worry.” I told him.

We sat quietly for ten minutes. We aren’t that comfortable with one another yet. Who’d imagine that I’d be in this situation after having known him for just two days?

Finally, we arrived.

Richard came out first. I followed. Soon, I set my eyes on his house. It was big! No, it was huge! It was spectacular.

I turned to Richard and said “Okay. So you told me you were rich but you didn’t tell me you were this rich!”

He just smiled.