My Fake BoyFriend: (Chapter 13: Threat of Death)

The title of this chapter is so scary. This is written in Cheska's perspective enjoy :D --Love, stupidcupid

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^

Cheska Ravienne here.  Ravienne is my second name. My surname matters not now.  Kristine life’s does.

After she passed out yesterday, I haven’t had any sleep yet. I skipped school just to watch her, so did Richard. Kristine is in a crucial situation right now.  She has some sort of heart problem that isn’t understood yet.

Yesterday, Richard and I hurried to the hospital. Unfortunately, no one could immediately entertain us when we arrived. Because of this, Richard got mad and shouted at some doctors.

I’ve never seen anyone got mad like that. He is really concerned about her.

I wish that he’d be like that about me.

Wait, now is not the time to be selfish. It’s so clear that Richard really likes Kristine. She just couldn’t see it because she is looking at someone else. Tsk, my best friend has a lot to realize and be thankful about and that’s why she still has to come back to us.

Thankfully, doctors attended to her before it was too late. They rushed Kristine to be examined Richard calmed down a bit.

Soon after, Kristine’s parents came. They were so worried.

Kristine’s mom doesn’t usually break down. She’s image of a strong person but this time she cried her heart out.

Kristine’s dad stood there, speechless. It must bother him a lot to see his little girl suffer.

Then the doctors came to us and told us her condition. “Kristine is suffering from irregularity of the heart beat. Her heart could beat too fast or slow down. In the worst case scenario, her heart could stop any time.”

That did it.

 Everyone cried. Well, Richard didn’t but he punched the wall twice. I cried. Mr. Blair cried. Mrs. Blair cried louder.

We all love Kristine so much.

“Is there anything that we could do? We’ll pay anything!” Mrs. Blair said, still soaked in tears.

“Your child could live normally but it still depends on her. She should not be stressed mentally, physically and most importantly emotionally. Stress can trigger her heart to beat irregularly. If it beats too fast, it would cause pain. If it beats too slowly, she would weaken. This abnormality isn’t really figured out yet. We could not do anything else but to tell you this: protect her and make her happy.” said the doctor.

That’s it? We’d actually be idiots not finding the real cure. What if we didn’t protect her enough? We’ll see her die. There must be a suitable medicine for this that would heal her pain fast. I can’t just be there by her side with clenched fists hoping her heart won’t stop.

The doctor walked away.

I guess I have no choice.

I went to Kristine’s side and held her hand.

“Kris, keep on living. We love you.” I whispered to her.

Suddenly, I had a flashback of my childhood. It was one of the best things that happened to my life.

I and my dad were on the beach for a vacation.

I still remember his voice saying “Nice castle little princess.”