My Fake BoyFriend (Chapter 20: Happily Ever After)

so this is it! this is really it!!! OMG!!! I never thought  that I this day would come! Thank you everyone!

--Love, stupidcupid

~^~^~^~^~^~^~~^~^~^~~^~^~

Imagine your first day after the Christmas vacation. You were the only one hopeful of another start and a better future while everyone else was complaining about how short the days were. You wished for things to be perfect for you.

But a perfect day wasn’t that perfect at all.

You met a guy who did nothing but to complicate your life. It was like a rollercoaster ride. Once you got on, you can no longer get down unless it stops. You’ll get dizzy and scared.

Surprisingly, you enjoyed it and right after it ended you’d beg for more.

That’s what it felt like when I met Richard. I never prayed to. I never expected to but he came. I never thought that such a crazy idea would be the best thing that’s ever happened to me. Richard was the answer to all my wishes.

I was afraid to admit it at first. My feelings for Leo confused me. I kept on insisting that I loved Leo when the truth was I was just scared of falling for someone else.

But that was past. I admit it! I am so madly and helplessly in love with Richard.

I can’t believe that I would ever see him again after my near death experience. I was given a chance to live and I’ve decided to live that life beside him.

I was so scared of death. Being so close to it, I just had to fight especially when I realized the things that I was too blind to see. I was so stupid! I’m just happy to be able to correct them now.

After I woke up, I spent most of my days on the hospital bed. I didn’t move much because the people around me were so scared of straining me. That didn’t matter though. I was surrounded by the people that I loved and, that was enough.

My mom also told me about the incident that happened when I was a baby. I don’t blame her because I know that she loves me.

Leo and I are friends now. It’s not that we were not friends before. We’re just more comfortable with each other now. There’s no more wall between us.

There’s also a plan for a heart transplant. I’m so glad that my dad had many connections because he immediately found a donor. I’ll be operated after two months.

I still can’t believe that I’m alive! I thought that I was done for. Yet, here I am, sitting by the hospital bench and waiting for the man of my dreams. I miraculously recovered fast so they already let me out of my room. Fortunately, I was allowed to stay on hospital grounds with a nurse to accompany me.

How long has it been since I was just hanging around and enjoying the smell of nature? It has been a very long time. I was always stressed, confused and worried. It’s great to have this rare opportunity.

I looked around and admired the newly hatched chicks by a tree branch. I took a deep breath and sniffed the fresh air. I stared at the wonderful flowers the nearby bushes.

Soon enough, I saw Richard approaching.

“You’re late.” I said.

“I’m sorry. I had to pick something up.” He said.

He held my hand and slowly caressed it.

“That’s alright. I’m just glad that you’re here now.” I told him.