My Fake BoyFriend ( chapter 3: Meet my parents)

This is where it gets tricky. It's when parents interfere with stuff. Let's see what happens. --Love, stupidcupid

P. S. Somehow I enjoyed writing the "blabbermouth" part! haha. Please enjoy!

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^^~~^~^^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~

Chapter 3: Meet my parents

Theresa, the blubber mouth, told my parents about my "relationship".

Suddenly, I imagined their conversation. Theresa knocked on our door and my parents greeted her warmly. "I am so concerned about Kristine as one of her best friends. I was so surprised about her having a boyfriend. She never told me! I would feel very secure if I know that she told you. At least she's open to her family." She said. Of course, my parents don't know. They got worried. Then they would thank Theresa for telling them and they assure her to talk to me.

First of all, Cheska is my only best friend. Second, since when was she concerned? Well, she is concerned... CONCERNED OF RUINING MY LIFE! Should I be thankful? No.

 Anyway, back to reality. My parents lectured me about boys, heart breaks, priorities and hormones. They said that kids shouldn't be keeping secrets from their parents. I'm 16 which means that I'm not a kid anymore. Basically, I'm a teenager but if I explain this simple concept to my parents things would be worse. Besides, all that I should be explaining about is Richard since he is officially my fake boyfriend.

So I told my parents that he just became my boyfriend awhile ago and that I was really planning to let them meet him soon. Okay, why does the truth sound like a lame excuse? What did I just say? Then they started asking about his full name, his address, his parents, his pet etc. I don't know those things! I just told them to ask him tomorrow when I invite him over. Oopps! Did I just tell them that I'll bring Richard here tomorrow? Oh no. I did. Then I turned to my parents to see their reaction. They were smiling quietly. I know that they will be up to something! I just know it!

So I went up to my room. I wish that I could contact Richard and tell him to prepare himself for the misfortunes that he is about to face but I couldn't. I have no way of contacting him. This pretend is getting harder and harder.

The next day, I immediately looked for Richard. Good thing, he was already at the front door of my classroom.

He was holding a teddy bear wearing a shiny gold dress, tiny silver shoes and a matching lacy headband.

"Good morning!" he said while holding the teddy bear.

 "Is this for me?" I asked.

"Yes. It's for the pretend." He said, kind of defensively.

 "Thank you." I replied.

Then I noticed the price tag still attached to the bear. It said $99.75.

"Isn't this too expensive for a pretend?" I asked.

He didn't reply.

Then I remembered the news that I was supposed to tell him.

"So... um, my parents want to meet you. It's Theresa. She told them that I have a boyfriend. Then I made the lamest excuse and umm... you have to come home with me. Is it OK for you?" I said, nervously.