Chapter 24

A/N - this chapters kind of just short and fluffy just a filler, maybe one or two more chapters, but I promise they're getting back together before the book ends

T/W - Implied self-harm

Sapnaps POV

   “You really shouldn’t have done it, Dream and I both told you not to come so you didn’t get hurt,” George was sitting on a stool in Dream’s kitchen. I handed him an ice pack to help his swelling jaw. Mrs. WasTaken had already taken a look at it and assured us that nothing was terribly wrong.

   “Well I didn’t want you to get hurt.” He made it sound so simple, it wasn’t.

   “George, I would’ve gotten hurt a whole lot less than you did. That was reckless, if i hadn’t caught you-”

   “I would’ve been fine.” He interrupts, “This is only physical Sap. Maybe I could have gotten a concussion or something, but all I have is a bruise and it’ll heal in a week. Your dad already hit you last night, and as hard as you’re trying to be strong, I know it hurts. If I hadn’t taken the hit things could have been worse. Maybe he's not great, never has been, but he is still your father and I couldn’t stand there and watch him destroy you like that. You’re strong, but it doesn’t take a lot to break someone down.”

   I take a step forward to put a hand against his cheek, “It hurts me to see you injured too. But like you said, he’s already hit me, I kind of saw it coming, I wasn’t going to be any more hurt than last night. But I care about you. And now you’re the one hurting mentally and physically. I just want you to be safe.”

   “I- I was already hurt physically,” He avoids looking into my eyes, “This time it was just someone else who did it.”

   “Oh, George-”

   “Please don’t, I don’t want to talk about it. Just like everything else, my mom already knows and I’m getting help. I just thought you needed to know about it.”

   I rest my forehead against his, “Thank you.”

   “For what?”

   “Everything, telling me about that, forgiving me, letting me try again,” I rub my hand against his cheek, “I know you need time, and I’m happy to let you have it. But I hope someday I’ll be able to call you mine again.”

   He moves against me and I feel soft lips against my cheek, “You will Sapnap. I know you, I know you’re going to try harder. You’ve proved that, I just need to work on myself so I can be better for you too.”

   I smile gently, pulling away to grab his hands and look at his face, “We can wait. For now I’m happy to just have you again.”

...

A/N - GUYS I WAS SO CONFUSED WHY I WASNT GETTING NOTIFICATIONS FOR PEOPLE VIEWING THIS I THOUGHT I POSTED IT HOURS AGO I'M SORRY HERE YOU GO