Hɪs Assᴀssɪɴ, Cʜᴀʟʟᴇɴɢᴇᴅ

TW: Blood, death, cursing, major character death.

•~•~•

Madam Red didn't mean to. She really didn't.

But here she was, walking down memory lane despite being exposed by her beloved nephew. She remembered the way she hated the colour red and what- no, who made her love it. But then...

No one paid attention to the way her eyes clouded over or the way her lips pursed. Not the way her brows furrowed or even clenched her fists.

No, everyone was more focused on the Grim Reaper preparing to claim three more victims.

"Alright," Sebastian sighed before taking off his coat and all but tossing it onto Ciel.

"What-"

"So that your body won't become cold. When we return to the mansion, I'll have Nagisa prepare some hot cocoa for you!"

"Excuse me?" Nagisa whipped his head around to face Sebastian, only to be ignored.

"If I recall correctly, he's only ever made it for the other servants, so now you can finally try it as well!"

"I'm sorry, when did I agree to-"

"Oh~! I won't let you three go that easily!" Grell sang with a mocking undertone. "Lately, I've only been encountering unsophisticated prey. My scythe and I are unsatisfied." Grell then leaped high into the air with a loud yell that, somehow, woke no one up.

Realizing what she was going to do, Nagisa quickly scooped up Ciel in his arms. He jumped back just in time to avoid Grell's death scythe, which was brought down in a vertical slam with so much force that the cobblestone cracked. Tiny bits and pieces of the shattered ground flew in the air, almost heading straight into Nagisa's eyes multiple times.

"If I am the one to be hunted down, then I'd rather be the one doing the hunting, Darling~!" Grell turned to Sebastian, her back facing Nagisa and Ciel.

"Stay here and don't do anything reckless." Nagisa whispered to Ciel.

"Let us play a wonderful game of hide and seek!!"

Nagisa immediately sprinted towards Grell and slid across the ground, kicking the back of her knees and making her fall forward. Nagisa got back on his feet and stood beside Sebastian, lapis eyes narrowed as he analyzed his opponent to the best of his abilities.

'So far she's only ever used her scythe to attack us and she's just as fast as Sebastian. I doubt she knows any hand-to-hand combat so once we disarm her, we should be in the clear. But that's just an assumption.... Hopefully I'm right; I can barely hold myself for longer than ten minutes against Sebastian without a weapon.' Nagisa slipped his daggers into his hands as Grell began to stand up.

"I think I have said this before... Please don't say such nauseating things." Grell moved so quickly that to the untrained eye, she teleported to right in front of Sebastian and Nagisa. With a large grin plastered across her face, she raised her chainsaw and swiped it down diagonally. Sebastian backflipped away, landing beside a lamppost. Meanwhile, Nagisa dodged and attempted to slice Grell's arm.

Keyword: attempted.

Before his dagger could graze the redhead's coat, she raised her chainsaw, swift as lightning. Nagisa's eyes widened when the whirring of the chainsaw suddenly became clearer and the weapon appeared in his peripheral view. Thankfully, he dodged in the nick of time by taking a page out of Sebastian's book and backflipping away as well. As Nagisa landed, Grell lunged towards him and swung her chainsaw at his neck.