Hɪs Assᴀssɪɴ, "Sᴜᴘᴇʀᴍᴀɴ''

Ciel felt like he was floating in a dreary abyss. His eyes were shut, but he could still see the black feathers falling beside him. As he floated, words filled his head.

''That incident happened during a stormy night, that particular midnight, it took away all my dreams and hopes. The me that was face to face with Death saw a black crow fly over my head. That crow held me with its gaze that seems to be filled with a mirage and said, "The dead can never be brought back to life. Nevermore." The memory of Sebastian pressing a well-manicured finger to his lips flashed through his head at the end of the little monologue.

"...Master...!" A distant echo reached his ears. It sounded fuzzy, and yet familiar. Ciel slowly blinked one eye open and was greeted by a shadowy figure with large, white eyes that seemed to stare into his very soul. Its mouth opened wide - scarily wide - as it called out, "Young Master! Young Master!" The figure's hand reached towards him and Ciel panicked. With a loud gasp, he lurched upright and quickly swiped his handgun from beneath his pillow. He didn't hesitate to cock it and pointed it at the figure's head.

It was at that moment that the shadowy figure faded away and he locked eyes with a surprised Sebastian. Ciel panted, his arms shaking as he gripped his gun tightly.

"Don't...touch me..." He managed to get out. Sebastian backed away from the young noble, barely hidden amusement twinkling in his eyes. As he turned around and began to prepare his Master's tea, Ciel lowered his gun with heavy pants still leaving his lips.

"Today's morning tea is Assam black tea with added milk. It's a milk I prepared." Sebastian's eyes flitted to Ciel's shaken form. "Milk can help soothe one's nerves and calm you down. Especially after a nightmare." With his ever-present smile, Sebastian outstretched the teacup towards Ciel. He sighed silently before accepting the cup, grateful to have something that could calm him down after such a nightmare.

Sebastian allowed his eyes to search for the source of the nightmare and soon found a book of Edgar Allen Poe's writings sitting on the edge of Ciel's bed. He inwardly chuckled. Which mortal rears Edgar Allen Poe before bed? Naturally, he voiced his thoughts - mostly to see Ciel's reaction. The blunet will never understand just how entertaining he is to a demon.

"I have the pleasure of doing anything I please," was Ciel's grumble. "What's the schedule for today?"

"Today, you will need to assess the files sent by the company. You will be having Marchioness Middleford and Lady Elizabeth as guests in the afternoon. Also, Young Master, your-"

"OH NO!" Ciel exclaimed when he processed who was visiting him later. Bounding off the bed, he yelled, "Hurry up and make preparations! HURRY!" up at Sebastian, who merely sent him a confused stare.

"There's no need to be anxious, the Marchioness will arrive in the afternoon..."

"YOU FOOL!" Ciel roared, anxiety oozing from his form. "This is Aunt Frances you're talking about!"

•~•~•

Nagisa tied his hair into the usual pigtails as he allowed his mind to wander. He and the other servants were forced out of bed earlier than usual thanks to the visit of the Marchioness Middleford (Elizabeth's mother). He couldn't help but wonder if she was like her daughter or not as he made his way to the kitchen to make breakfast.

Before he knew it, he was the first one in the kitchen. Sighing, he decided to make a quick breakfast for himself and the others while he waited for them.

•~•~•

"Ahh... Mr. Sebastian, the Young Master and Nagisa are back, this is great!" Finny spoke to himself as he cheerfully skipped towards the Manor. 'I wonder what will happen to us if we continued to be like that...' He thought as he remembered when he, Bard and Mey-rin nearly destroyed the Manor before a guest arrived. He skipped through the garden, lost in thought.