Hɪs Assᴀssɪɴ, Iɴᴠᴇsᴛɪɢᴀᴛɪɴɢ

TW: Swearing.

•~•~•

Sebastian walked at a leisurely pace with Ciel cradled in his arms. Nagisa strolled alongside him, basking in the awkward silence before anyone could bring up what happened at Azzurro's mansion.

However, luck wasn't on his side.

"Nagisa," Ciel finally spoke up, making Nagisa inhale sharply, "what did you mean by being an assassin?"

"That...I'm an assassin?"

"Why does that sound like a question?"

"I thought what I mean was pretty obvious-"

"Don't be snarky with me," Ciel growled. "Explain, or else I'll throw you on the streets." Nagisa quirked a brow at the threat (he never expected to be on the receiving end of a threat like that) but still listened to his Young Master.

Unconsciously clenching his fist, Nagisa turned to face front and began his tale. Spilling the beans to Sebastian was incredibly difficult, so why did it feel slightly easier to talk to Ciel about assassinating his teacher?

Why was it easier for him to go into detail about his last year of Junior High with his Master rather than someone who bears the same status as him (for the most part)? Why did his heart feel so much lighter when conversing with Ciel - who was bloody and bruised - about Koro-sensei? He still felt the urge to cry at certain parts of his spiel but he managed to restrain himself.

Nonetheless, he told Ciel what he was hiding; even including his nighttime training with Sebastian.

Throughout the entire story, Ciel gaped at the older blunet. Not only did they have to kill the best teacher they ever had, but they had no choice. If they hadn't, then the Earth would've been destroyed. Ciel knew what it was like to watch someone you love die, but he was never the one getting his hands dirty.

He was just a spectator when his parents burned in the fire that claimed his previous mansion and, technically, it was Sebastian who killed the men who kidnapped him. Sure, he wished it, but he never felt anything other than resentment towards them. Even now, he still hates them to his very core and uses that same emotion that's wedged deep in his heart to enact his revenge on whoever killed his parents.

Which is why he was also slightly baffled. Why wasn't Nagisa mad at the Japanese government? They made him - as well as his classmates - kill someone they ended up loving. They even went to outer space - outer space - to try and save him. But their efforts were all in vain.

And yet, Nagisa wasn't mad at anyone besides himself. Hell, he even blamed himself for ''not trying hard enough'' to save Koro-sensei! In Ciel's opinion, going to space to save someone was-

"So, what's your story?" Nagisa interrupted Ciel's raging thoughts.

"Eh?"

"You know, the pentagram on your eye, Sebastian being a demon and whatnot," Nagisa explained.

"Oh," Ciel cleared his throat awkwardly, but figured it would be fair to explain his...situation to Nagisa.

And so, Ciel forced himself to tell Nagisa his past. But, for some odd reason, he felt more comfortable with speaking about his past with Nagisa. His heart began to feel uncharacteristically light. 'Maybe it's because he told me his whole story earlier,' Ciel concluded silently.

However, there was only so much he revealed to the lapis blue-eyed male.

•~•~•