Hɪs Assᴀssɪɴ, Tɪʀᴇᴅ

Nagisa analysed the stables with a scrunched nose. He had no clue what was emanating such a nasty, disgusting and downright rancid stench, but he wasn't sure if he wanted to figure it out or not. Then again, his current job is to clean out the stables.

Crocodile tears silently poured from Nagisa's. The only thing keeping him motivated enough to do this job perfectly was the fact that he'll be able to join Bard when he's bringing the horses back to the stables. He hoped that he could, at least, play with Lux.

Nagisa placed down his cleaning supplies with a sigh. After rummaging through his pockets, he finally pulled out a piece of paper Sebastian had given him the night before. In his home tongue, it read:

'These are the steps you MUST follow in order to clean the stables efficiently and properly:
1. Remove all bedding and stable fittings such as feed and water buckets, haynets and rubber matting. 2. Sweep the walls and floor of the stable to remove as much organic matter as possible.
3. Wet all surfaces of the stable using a hose. It may be necessary to leave the stables for 30 minutes before continuing to soften caked-on organic matter to allow for easier cleaning.
4. Clean the stables walls and floor with a detergent to make organic matter easier to remove. It may be necessary to scrub the walls and floor to loosen organic matter.
5. Rinse the walls from the top downwards, starting furthest away from the drain or door. It is necessary to pay close attention to corners and crevices and to rinse the floor well.
6. Leave the stable to dry.
7. Use the diluted disinfectant and apply it to the walls and floor. This can be carried out using a hand held sprayer. Make sure you're wearing protective clothing.
8. Do not rinse the stable with water after applying the disinfectant. The stable should be left to dry as the contact time between the disinfectant and surfaces allow it to work effectively.
9. Ensure the stable is dry before filling it with clean bedding.
10. Remember to clean and disinfect and stable fittings before replacing them e.g. rubber flooring, feed and water buckets.

Their blankets have all been washed and their saddles have already been cleaned and patched up. You can find these in the laundry room in the last two drawers of the cupboard. Enjoy :).'

Nagisa groaned loudly. By the time he finished cleaning the stables, he'd be collapsed on the ground, waiting for someone to carry him to his room like a sack of potatoes. He could feel his heart slowly breaking into two; the image of him running his hand through Lux's soft mane shattered into pieces. With a slouched back and dragging steps, Nagisa slowly left the stables to get everything he needed.

By the time he returned, thirty minutes had passed and an ache was growing in his limbs. 'The second I finish this, I'm napping in the kitchen.' Nagisa nodded to himself, believing his plan to be brilliant. He had all the necessities, minus the clean blankets and saddles. The best thing to do with those was get it last.

And so, after mentally preparing himself, Nagisa got to work. First, Nagisa got rid of all the feed and water buckets, making sure to rinse out the containers. Next were the rubber matting and haynets. Once the stables looked weirdly bare, he pulled up his sleeves and tied a rag around his mouth and nose.

The blunet grabbed his broom and fervently swept the walls and floor of the stables. It almost seemed like he was taking out any pent up emotions on the stables, given how aggressive his sweeping was. He then dragged himself to the hose - that absolutely terrified him since he had no clue when the hose was invented and just how well this one functioned, despite it looking completely fine - and washed down the stables.