18: Oikawa - Sunday

"I think I know the answers now,"

---

I give him a look to say "What answers?" and he laughs a little.

"I said that I'd talk to you about what was going on as soon as I had answers. I know that now probably isn't the best time considering the fact that you can't verbally respond but... I'd like to tell you what's going on. If you'd like me to wait until you can talk then I can also do that," Iwa says.

I grab my pad and pen again.

Morning. I want to talk with you.

"Okay," Iwa holds me into his side and kisses my hair. "I'll tell you in the morning and then we can sort everything out.

_-_

Morning comes and I wake up at a decent time given, yaknow, jetlag.

I shake Iwa awake and he glared at me.

"Can you tell me now?" I ask. "I want to know where we stand with each other and relationships and feelings and I want to get everything cleared up,"

"Let me wake up," Iwa sits up in bed , rubbing his eyes and yawning. I look at him with expectant puppy-eyes. "Fine, fine. I get it. You want to know, you deserve to know and now I finally have answers for you about what's going on. What do you want to know first?"

"Why did you go out with that puta in the first place? And why didn't you just ask me out instead of her?"

"It's a long story,"

"I've been waiting years for you,"

Iwa sighs and opens an arm for me to curl into his side and I oblige.

"When we were growing up, you were always there and you were always my best friend. Over the years whenever people talked about their crushes, I just thought of you. I liked you so much but for two boys to be together..." He doesn't elaborate. He doesn't need to. "So, I pushed the feelings away. I followed you around everywhere and looked after you and protected you but I tried to convince myself that it was as a friend. I was your Patroclus.

"Then came our last year of high school and everyone was starting to come into themselves a bit more. Makki and Mattsun started dating, we both lost our baby fat; I replaced mine with muscle and you replaced yours with a feminine aura that, for some reason, attracted loads of girls. They were all over you. I told myself that you were going to get a cute, short, pretty girlfriend and that I needed to get over you.

"But I waited it out. I waited and waited and waited and... and then Courtney asked me out. So, I said yes. Then you walked into the gym looking so proud and confident and I thought "He's finally got a girlfriend,". So when Courtney said that she could help me get into UCI, I said yes because I thought that if I could get away from you, I'd forget how I felt about you.

"Then you left without saying goodbye and then I was in America and I couldn't dump Courtney because she got me into UCI and then I tried to fix our friendship. And then were friends again but I was wrong. Being away from you didn't do shit. Every time I saw your pictures and selfies, my heart jumped. I felt horrible because I was dating Courtney but I was in love with you... and then she started to get controlling and jealous.

"I came home to Japan and it felt wrong because I didn't have you. I saw Hinata bouncing around the MSBY practice court and the way he looked so lost out of matches. It was weird not seeing him with Tobio... and he asked me where you were. I saw Mad Dog playing and how he looked around when I spoke to him as if he waiting for you to appear. I saw Makki and Mattsun and they gave me sympathetic looks because 'Where's your Shittykawa?' and then you started calling Courtney a puta and I laughed and our friends started too and I didn't even feel bad because you were right. You're always right.

"And, I love you, Tooru. I was too scared to say anything before and then I felt like I couldn't but now you're home and she's gone and I can't spend another day without you. Most people would wait a while after a breakup before asking someone else out but I've been waiting my whole life for you. And you're not just anyone, you're Tooru Oikawa, the Great King, my best friend. I love you, Tooru. That's my answer,"

"Haji~"

I rub the tears out of my eyes and hug Hajime.

"I dated her because I wanted to give up on you but I couldn't. And I was too chicken to act on my feelings before. I'm sorry that it's taken so long for me to say this but I love you, Tooru Oikawa,"

"Yo también te amo," I whisper, burying my face in his shoulder. "I love you," I say it in English. "I love you, too, Hajime,"

"Do you have anything else you want to ask?" He questions, hesitantly.

"Nope. I just want you," I answer. Makki and Mattsun would be making a joke out of that but Hajime knows what I mean. We're giving our hearts and souls and minds to each other without doing anything too intimate.

"Te amo, mi vida," He whispers.

We sit up in our bed, watching a couple of episodes of tv and holding each other until our backs hurt from twisting. Hajime turns off the tv and pulls me into his lap facing him. He holds my hands and looks up at me.

"Tooru, will you be my boyfriend?" He asks. I nod and he smiles, tugging down on my hands to pull me closer, allowing him to cup my cheeks and kiss me. "Mi hermoso novio," I blush. "Eres muy muy hermoso, mi amor," He kisses me again, this time moving his hands to my back to pull me against himself.

I let my hands tangle themselves in his hair and I kiss him back, trying to match his intensity as he explores my mouth. We pull away for a second to catch our breath and he immediately launches into littering my neck with kisses and bites.

"Ah, Iwa," I push him away and he stops. "Aren't we going a bit fast?" I ask.

"We have a lot of time to make up for," Hajime responds. I mull it over for a few seconds but it doesn't really need that much thought. He's my Iwa-chan.

"Works for me," I answer, immediately bursting into screams and giggles as he continues the assault on my skin. My pyjama top leaves my body and it's not long before my back hits the mattress.

We continue making out and marking up each other's bodies but when Hajime gets to my pyjama shorts he stops.

"Are you sure, mi amor?" I nod. "Definitely?" I nod again. "100% certain?"

"Just fuck me already," I tell him, exasperated.

"Your wish is my command,"

-_-

I feel mean.

I haven't updated this in what feels like forever.

I've just started Sixth Form (yay) so I've been focused on that and not so much my writing and I've been trying to update (Not) Love At First Sight [that's my Iwaoi royalty au and the prequel to Crow's Nest]. So I've been sitting on half a dozen drafts for this that I wasn't happy with. I thought, yaknow what, screw it, let's just publish them and hope that people don't hate it all.

I will try to update as much as possible and when I get the opportunity I'll try and transfer it all onto AO3. Until then, you've got this much.

If anyone has any ideas that they'd like me to try and run with for this, just comment it or dm me and I'll try my best :)

I hope you're enjoying this fic :) and please let me know if you are because it makes me happy

What also makes me happy is that I've finally started counselling for my trauma (yay) so me and Oikawa can start our recovery.

Anywho, hope y'all enjoyed!