Chapter One

*rrrriiiinnnggggg* *rrrriiiinnnngggggg*

She lazily shuts down the alarm clock by knocking it off her small cabinet. The sound of the alarm clock crashing on the floor wakes her up. 

She yawns and rubs her sleepy eyes. She then did her morning routines and get change into her school uniform. She looks at herself in the mirror. 

"Let's go" She says to herself. 

She then leaves the house and make her way to Tokyo's number one elite cooking school, Totsuki Teahouse Culinary Academy. 

"Futaba! You're here!" A voice calls and she turns to see her twin older brother, Hirose. 

"Onii-chan, good morning" Futaba greets. 

"You seem to be in a good mood" says Hirose. 

"Meh" Futaba simply stated. 

"Futaba-chan! Hirose-kun!" A soft female voice called and it turns out to be Futaba's friend, Tadokoro Megumi. 

"Hello Megumi. Glad to see you made it to high school" Futaba says with a proud face. 

"B-B-But if I can another E I'll be expelled!" Megumi says as she starts to panick. 

"I'll help you Megumi. I'm not letting any of my friends get expel. Even if it means defying the Dean" Futaba says and Hirose shivered.

Soon, the entrance ceremony for the year 1 high school division has started. 

"We'll proceed to give the award to the best of the year. Representative of the new first years, Nakiri Erina" The emcee announced. 

A student with long, strawberry-blonde hair then goes up the stage. Students then started mumbling as Erina takes the award.

"Ah... Erina-sama looks beautiful today"

"She's beautiful and the top student. Truly a perfect super human!"

"It seems she was first in every subject of the internal entrance exam by far"

"I could die happy if I had a date with her"

"Baka, if you say something that reckless you'll get erased from here"

"We shall continue with the ceremonial address" The emcee says, getting the attention from the students. 

"Ladies and gentlemen, congratulations on entering the high school division" The Dean of Totsuki, Nakiri Senzaemon speaks. 

'Nakiri Senzaemon, Director of Totsuki. Known as the Don of the Food Mafia. Nakiri Erina and Nakiri Alice's grandfather...' Futaba says in her head.

"It's if you have the guts to live as a chef-" The Dean the points to the students.

"99% of you are sacrificial ones in order to polish the remaining 1% gems. Out of the 812 new first years from last year, only 76 advanced to the second year" says Senzaemon. 

The students are shock to hear the number of students that got expelled from Totsuki. Futaba is determine not to be expelled, she wants her and Hirose to graduate. 

"You'll become one of those handful chefs! Devote to your studies! That's all!" says Senzaemon. 

"That was some speech" says Hirose.

"He's just motivating us to work hard. Push away those who step in our way. I won't let any of us get expel" says Futaba. 

"To end off, we'll introduce the student who wad admitted to the high school division" says Senzaemon. 

"Oh? A transfer student ehh" says Futaba with a hint of interest.

Futaba then sees a tall red headed student with spiky hair on stage and she concludes that he is the new student.

"I'll say two or three things... Erm... I'm Yukihira Soma, truth to be told I only think of this academy as a stepping stone. I got admitted here unexpectedly and I don't plan on losing to some bunch that has never stood in front of customers. I just want to say, I'll take the top. Best regards for the next three years"

Futaba's eyes widen at the speech. The other students got provoked while she simply smirks. 

"Sounds like he's an interesting kid" Futaba says.

"I-I-I better not get myself involve with him!" Hirose says timidly and Futaba sighs. 

"How are you my older brother when your character is like Megumi and him!" Futaba says. 

"Who's him?" Hirose ask. 

"Eishi, who else?" Futaba says easily. 

"Futaba, since when did you know the First Seat? And calling by first name basis?!" Hirose ask. 

"That's for me to know" Futaba says.

Later, the students are dismissed to their respective classes. Futaba and Hirose ended up in the same class again and what's more, the transfer student was here too, partnering up with Megumi who is on the verge of expulsion if she gets another E.

"Look Onii-chan" Futaba says. Hirose then notices Megumi and Soma. 

"E-Eep! The transfer student?!"

"Stop panicking!" says Futaba with annoyance. 

"To think I'll be cooking in class... Last time I did this was self-cooking during Home Economics!" Soma says, to no one in particular. 

"Erm, you are Tadokoro-san right? Why are you eating the kanji of 'person' as if you were to avenge your parents?" Soma ask, noticing Megumi's panicking actions. 

"Megumi always does that when she's nervous. She claims it calms her nerve down" Futaba suddenly says, appearing behind Soma. 

"Woah you scared me!" Soma says. 

"Megumi, don't fail okay?" says Futaba as she places a hand on Megumi's shoulder. 

Megumi shed tears but eventually promises to try her best. Soon, their teacher came in. It was none other than Roland Chapelle, the sensei that never smiles. 

"It's Chapelle-sensei" says Hirose. 

"Wonder what he wants us to cook" says Futaba. 

"Today's menu is Boeuf Bourguignon. A standard French dish and I have written down the recipe on the board. Time limit is two hours. Now, commencez à cuire!" says Chapelle-sensei. 

"Let's do this Hirose!" says Futaba.

"Okay and call me 'Onii-chan'!!"