Chapter Thirteen

A few days later, the topic for the preliminary round of the Autumn Selections has arrived. Futaba had decided to stay in the Polar Star dorm during this time. 

"IT'S HERE!!" Yuki yells, waving an envelope. 

"Let's check it out then" says Hirose as he takes the envelope and slowly taking out the paper inside. 

"The theme is... Curry Dish?!"

A few hours later...

"So... We should just make curry?" Soma wonders. 

"But since it's a curry dish, it doesn't just limit to Curry Rice right?" Yuki questions. 

"There are other factors however. Example, naan used for Indian curry, there is also curry stew and curry udon" says Futaba.

"A dish using curry huh..." Soma mumbles. 

"Fumio-san! Can I leave the chickens under your care for a few days?" Yuki suddenly ask. 

"Hm, Yoshino you going somewhere?" Soma ask. 

"Autumn is wild game hunting season! I'm heading back to my hometown for the hunting" says Yuki. 

"Well, I'm going to visit a friend of mine who is an expert in curry related dishes" says Futaba. 

"Huh, I remember the old man mentioning that too. I think her name is Shiomi Jun" says Soma. 

"What a coincidence. We can head over to her lab together then" says Futaba.

"Really? Thanks Futaba!" says Soma. 

"Megumi, want to join?" Futaba ask.

"Of course! Thanks for inviting me Futaba-chan!" says Megumi. 

"Onii-chan, you coming?" Futaba questions to Hirose. 

"You all go ahead" says Hirose. 

Futaba nods and the trio proceeds to see Professor Shiomi Jun. 

"Here it is" says Futaba as she brings Soma and Megumi to where Shiomi is. 

"It's... Much more worn out than I expected" Soma points out. 

"Wh-What should I do if she's scary like Chapelle-sensei?!?!" Megumi panics.

"Oh no worries on that. Professor Jun is nothing like Chapelle-sensei" Futaba assures as she knocks on the door before entering. 

"Hm, there's no one here?" Soma ask. 

Futaba then turns to see someone behind the door, grinding some sort of powder. The girl looks up and immediately panics. 

"A visitor?!?!?! S-Sorry! I'll brew some tea right away!"

"Calm down Professor Jun. Where is Akira anyways?" Futaba ask. 

"Hm? F-FUTABA-CHAAAAN!!!!" Jun exclaims with tears as she engulfs Futaba in a hug, still crying. 

"WHY HAVEN'T YOU COME VISIT?! FUTABA-CHAAAN!!!" Shiomi cries and Futaba sweatdrops upon her cries. 

"She is Professor Shiomi?" Soma ask and Futaba nods as she hands several pieces of tissue to the short professor. 

"So umm, who are you?" Shiomi ask.

"Oh I wanted to ask the Professor here while letting know that Saiba Joichiro's son has-"

"E-EEEEEHHHHH?!?!?!?" Futaba's eyes widen while Megumi was stunned when Shiomi punched Soma till he fly across the room. 

"S-Soma-kun?!?!"

"Sa-Saiba Joichiro's son?! Get out of here! Only Futaba-chan is allowed to stay!!" exclaims Shiomi.