Chapter Two

The class with Roland Chapelle begins. Futaba and Hirose were swiftly preparing the menu when Futaba noticed some suspicious movements from a pair. 

They had been eyeing on Soma ever since the entrance ceremony. Her eyes widen upon seeing what they did. She clenches her fist tight as she quickly prepares a secret ingredient to help the pair. 

"Hm? Tadokoro, did you left the lid open?" Soma questions. 

"N-No. We needed to let it boil for 20 more minutes" says Megumi. 

Soma then notices something was not right. He opens the lid and he and Megumi's eyes widen.

"W-What's this white powder?!" Megumi ask. 

Soma then had a small taste of it, then telling Megumi it's salt. 

"Wh-What to do now?!" Megumi begins to panic and Chapelle-sensei notices the commotion but chooses not to say anything.

Megumi begins to panic on how to overturn the situation but is unable to since they didn't have enough time left. Megumi starts crying when Futaba intervenes. 

"Futaba-chan?" Megumi questions as she wipes away a tear. 

"Something to save the two of you" says Futaba as she hands a secret ingredient to Soma. 

"This is-!"

"I won't let you fail Megumi" Futaba simply says and went back to her table. 

"Futaba, what did you give to them?" Hirose ask as he begins to plate the dish. 

"Focus on our task for now" Futaba simply says.

The twins then serve their dish to Chapelle-sensei to which he gives the two an 'A' grade, as expected. Soon, Soma and Megumi were done with their dish as well.

Chapelle-sensei presses the fork against the meat and his eyes widen. 

"It's tender...! It's as if the fork bounced on it!" says Chapelle-sensei. 

"Your team had an accident. How did you complete this?" Chapelle-sensei ask and Soma takes a quick glance towards Futaba to which she simply nods. 

"I used honey! Rub it on the meat before boiling and adding it as seasoning" says Soma, showing the bottle of honey.

"Honey has protease and the effects on the hard beef allows it to become tender in a short time" says Hirose. 

"Why don't you give it a try, Tadokoro?" Soma ask. 

Megumi and Chapelle-sensei takes a bite. Chapelle-sensei smiled, shocking the students since he is known as the chef who never smiles. Futaba simply smirks. 

"Yukihira, Tadokoro, I'll give you an 'A'. However, it's a shame that I don't have the authority to give you something higher" says Chapelle-sensei. 

Futaba smiles and she turns to the two students that nearly made a mess of their dishes. They tremble upon her glare. 

"A-A-A-Ashiya-san!"

Futaba says nothing but simply slams her fist down at their cooking table with pure anger. 

"Bastards, next time don't ever make me see you two again" Futaba says coldly, bringing shivers down to the students. 

When class ended, Soma and Megumi went to Futaba and Hirose. 

"Thanks for your help, here" says Soma as he returns the honey back to Futaba. 

"Yukihira Soma, that was some interesting speech you made" says Futaba. 

"What I'm saying it's the truth" says Soma and Futaba chuckles as she stretches out her hand. 

"Best regards. I'm Ashiya Futaba and this is my twin older brother, Ashiya Hirose" says Futaba.

"Nice to meet you Yukihira" says Hirose. 

"Same here" says Soma. 

"Hey, do y'all want to try a new dish I came up with?" Soma ask. 

"I'd like to try it!" Megumi exclaims. 

"Me too!" says Hirose. 

"Here, Dried Squid with Honey" says Soma. 

Later that day, Megumi and Hirose were traumatized with the dish while Futaba got an upset stomach. 

Evening arrive. Futaba was at the Polaris Dormitory with her brother and her friends. She doesn't live here. Only her brother does but she often drop by to check on everyone. 

Just then, there was chaos happening. Smoke coming out from a room, wild animals running about and the sound of the floor about to be broken. 

"Oiiii Room 208! You went and modified the lounge into a smoking room again! Shall I make you into smoked chips?!" 

Futaba chuckles.

"That's so Shun"

"Don't keep Gibier in your room Room 116! If you do it again I'll skin you alive!"

"Heh, sounds like Yuki let her animals loose again"

"It's not funny Futaba! Fumio-san is mad!" says Hirose. 

"She's mad but deep down she's a really kind woman. I'm heading to the kitchen" says Futaba.

"Will you be staying over tonight?" Hirose ask.

"Hmm... Alright. Today will be an exception" says Futaba and Hirose cheers.

Futaba then makes her way down to the kitchen where she meets Soma and Fumio.

"Soma?"

"Oh, Ashiya!" Soma exclaims.

"Futaba, you know him?" Fumio ask. 

"The transfer student that paired with Megumi. What's that?" Futaba ask, eyeing on the dish on the table. 

"Dig in" says Soma. 

"Hehh, Mackerel Burger" says Futaba as she takes a bite. 

"Very interesting dish you got here Soma. Sounds like high school will be really interesting" says Futaba, not showing much reaction as when Fumio ate it. 

"But I didn't know you're staying here too Ashiya" says Soma. 

"No, only my brother stays here. I only made an exception today to stay overnight" says Futaba as she heads to Hirose's room while Soma decides to take a shower only hearing a scream later.

"Hirose-kun, Futaba-chan, come over to Marui's room for a welcome party!" A voice says from the ceiling which still scares Hirose. 

"I-Isshiki-senpai! Please don't do that!!" Hirose exclaims but Futaba was calmly scrolling through social media. 

"Sorry to scare ya Hirose-kun" says Isshiki. 

"A welcome party for Soma is it not?" ask Futaba.

"Come over to Marui's room okay?" says Isshiki and he left.

"Let's go Futaba" says Hirose and the twins made their way to Marui's room.