Chapter Seventeen

At Block A...

Kurokiba Ryo is awarded with 93 points, by far the highest, taking the number one place. Ryo smirks as he then turns to the other student whom he sees them as rivals and later eyeing on one more dish still n the kitchen table.

'Futaba, I'll let you have a taste of my dish and you'll see' thought Ryo.

After Ryo, Ikumi was the next candidate as she serves her dish to the judges. 

"Now eat some, my curry dish is- Dongpo Pork Curry Don!"  says Ikumi.

"Look at how beautiful this pork meat is!"

"Its brilliant shine is indeed beautiful!"

The judges begin to praise and compliment Ikumi's dish. While Sendawara was still trying to recover from Ryo's dish, Ikumi tempted her into trying her dish. 

"What's wrong? Give it a bite" says Ikumi. 

'The superb ecstasy of meat--!' Sendawara thought as she takes a bite, along with the other judges. 

The judges begin to have all sorts of reaction as Ikumi gives an explanation on how she made her dish. Soon, they begin to munch down the whole thing when the Emcee, worriedly tells them to eat moderately just so they are able to judge the others.

"There's no way...." Sendawara starts.

"Eh?"

"Even if you tell us that there's no way we can stop is there?!" Sendawara says with tears in her eyes. 

Soon, the judges gave Ikumi with 86 points, currently the second place. 

"Tch, not even in the 90's" grumbles Ikumi. 

"Nikumi that's amazing! It looked super tasty!" says Soma. 

Ikumi blushes.

"I-It's something I learnt from Yukihira" says Ikumi which confused Soma. 

"Donburi are complete in one bowl... Right?" Ikumi says shyly as she draws a circle in the air with her finger.

"Hehe, you got it right!" says Soma with his signature grin. 

"Th-This finally looks like a competition! Let's welcome the next contestant! Sakaki Ryoko!" says the Emcee with tears coming out. 

Ryoko then presents her dish to the judges. 

"Hmm, a dal curry huh. Something similar to Indian curry that uses dal, the chana masala I guess"

"Hm, what's this stickiness?!"

"It's natto" says Ryoko and the audience's eyes widen.

Ryoko goes on to explain how the natto was made and the process of it. Soon, the judges gave Ryoko's dish 86 points, tying with Ikumi. 

"Well then onto the next contestant! Display your dish--!" The Emcee stopped upon realizing what the dish is. 

"White?! The roux, the ingredients, everything is white!" The emcee explain in shock. 

"These noodles, are udon! And they're kneaded with the curry spice cumin! Ins short, this is your own unique curry udon isn't it?" The judge questions. 

"Yes, it's a White Potage Curry Udon" says Marui.

"Hmm, this dish is quite beautiful. If Kurokiba-kun's dish was a striking torrent, this would be a quiet pond..."

The judges then begins to take the first bite. Eventually proceeding to slurp more of the udon, where they are ignoring the Emcee, much to her crying.

The judges made a few comments and eventually giving him 88 points, currently the second place. Next, a pleasant and smoking aroma fills the arena, revealing the next contestant to be Ibusaki Shun. 

"It's my special, Smoked Curry. Enjoy it" He says.

"The toppings are smoked bacon, smoked potato and smoked eggs?! Oi you can't just smoke everything!!"

"But damn it it looks delicious...!"

Sendawara begins to falter after being constantly being fed with worthy curry dishes. She reminds herself that the theme is curry and takes the first bite.

As the judges comments on his dish, Shun also explains the process of his dish making and eventually getting 88 points, tied in second place along with Marui. 

"Oh! Both of them were amazing!" exclaims Soma. 

"Marui-kun is an amazing guy too! At the dorm he is just a guy who is easy to get along with though..." says Ryoko. 

"You finally showed your true colours in front of everyone huh?" Shun says. 

"Fufufu, look who's talking. You're also a secretive man yourself" says Marui as he adjusts his glasses.

"It looks like Lady Natsume can no longer stand by herself!"

"3 of the Polar Star members made it to the Top 5!"

"Huh... Sakaki is tied with Mito and Ibusaki is tied with Marui..."

"What happens if things stayed like this?"

"If that happens we will hold a final vote" The 9th Seat of the Elite Ten, Eizan Etsuya announces. 

"Each of the 5 judges will choose the dish they thought was better according to the voting system of the Shokugeki" He continues.

"However, there are still contestants who may just beat those high scores..."

"Introducing the next contestant, Ashiya Hirose!"

Hirose moves forward as he serves his dishes to the judges. 

"Spanish Chicken Curry with Rice" Hirose introduces.

"The aroma of this dish is simply overwhelming!"

"The spices I have included in this dish are dried oregano, dried basil, ground black pepper and fresh parsleys. I added it in while boiling the water along with other ingredients" says Hirose. 

"Very tempting to eat"

The judges takes the first bite and they're eyes widen as they take more bites afterwards. 

"The potatoes is really tender and the chicken is soft but it is in perfect sync!"

"Ahhh, very~"

After a few more comments, after the judges had calmed down, they evaluated Hirose's dish, giving him 93 points, tied with Ryo. The crowd roared with the excitement and the next participant is Hayama Akira. 

"I made a portion of curry for you too" says Akira to Soma. 

"Oh, what a coincidence, I did too" says Soma. 

"Let's compare the taste" Akira challenges and Soma smirks. 

"You're on"