Chapter Three

"I told you! I'm busy studying for the written exams! If you're having a party feel free to do it in another room! Why is it always mine?!" The 'tenant' of Room 205, Marui Zenji yells. 

"Zenji, you know you'd still appreciate us here. Live it up" says Futaba while sipping her cup of rice juice.

"Futaba is right. Besides, your room is the biggest" says the 'tenant' of Room 116, Yoshino Yuki.

Tenant of Room 208, Ibusaki Shun quietly drinks in a corner. 

"Shun, don't just stay at a corner!" says Futaba.

"Don't mind me" He says softly.

Futaba sighs and she takes a seat beside a shaking Megumi and beside her is Soma. 

"Megumi, what happened? I heard your scream" Futaba ask. 

"W-Well..." Megumi trails off. 

'I can't tell Futaba what happened! She'll definitely go nuts. Sorry Mom... Guess I can't be a bride anymore' Megumi thought.

"Well I never thought I'd be together with Tadokoro in the dorm too" says Soma. 

"You're right. Wait- That means Soma-kun, you passed Fumio-san's test in one try?!" Megumi ask. 

"Well yeah, I'm glad I managed" says Soma. 

"Soma's dish, Mackerel Burger meal set was quite delicious" Futaba says.

"Ehh, you were there?" Megumi ask. 

"She got hungry" Hirose says. 

"Hey hey! I called out for everyone in the dorm you know? But there's not even half of them here!" Isshiki says. 

"Can't help it when Isshiki-senpai calls us here everyday" says Hirose.

"But Tadokoro-chan participates everytime" 

"If I don't participate he'll wake me up every few minutes" says Megumi solemnly.

"He'd eventually give up if you ignore him" says Sakaki Ryoko. 

"Listen everyone! Youngsters living under the same roof and eating food from the same stove. This is youth! This is being a student!" Futaba sighs as he knocks Isshiki's head.

"Give it a rest Satoshi" says Futaba as he rubs his head.

"That's so mean of you Futaba-chan!" Futaba sighs. 

"Anyways, I'm a second year, Isshiki Satoshi. Call me 'Isshiki-senpai' like the other first years. Welcome to the Polar Star Dorm, Yukihira Soma-kun" He says, shaking Soma's hand.

"But Ashiya doesn't seem to call you by that" says Soma. 

"Ahem, you've got two Ashiyas here Soma" says Futaba.

"Ah, the female one" says Soma. 

"Call me 'Futaba' is fine. Just so you won't be confused with my brother here" says Futaba, pointing to a drunk Hirose who has already passed out just from rice juice. 

"He's already out cold?!"

"Yeah he has low tolerance for this kind of thing. Hand me the blanket Zenji" says Futaba.

The bespectacled boy hands her a blanket and she covers her brother with it.

"Heeey you people! I have Daikon broiled in Soy Sauce. Have someone come down to get it!" Fumio suddenly says. 

"Love you Fumio-san!" 

"Come back before Fumio-san starts talking about the Elite Ten!" says Yuki. 

"Hey, what's the Elite Ten?" Soma ask. 

"Oh, you're really asking that huh?" Ryoko ask as she place a strand of her hair behind her ear. 

"You really entered Totsuki without knowing anything huh" says Yuki. 

"Shall I explain then?" Futaba ask. 

"Do the honours"

"Totsuki Elite Ten council. A committee formed by the best ten students within the internal evaluations. In Totsuki, many affairs are being decided by the Elite Ten. The Elite Ten are directly below the Director, Nakiri Senzaemon of the chart. Even lecturers are to obey the Elite Ten" Futaba explains. 

"Decades ago, when the dorm room didn't have any vacancies, a lot of the Elite Ten came from the Polar Star dorm" says Yuki. 

"There is a year whereby all Elite Ten members are part of the Polar Star dorm. Fumio-san calls it the Golden Age of the Polar Star and when she starts talking, it never ends" says Ryoko. 

As the party drags on, Soma was fitting in just fine. As it gets more wild, Isshiki was suddenly already in his nude-apron form.

After the long hours, the commotion died down and everyone was asleep on the floor. Only Futaba, Isshiki and Soma were awake. Futaba then place blankets over her friends so they won't get cold. 

"Aahhh, tonight sure was fun" says Soma. 

"Let me welcome you again, Soma-kun! Best regards" says Isshiki. 

"Yeah, same here" says Soma. 

"Satoshi, I'm hungry" Futaba says. 

"E-Ehh? Already? Alright, I can cook up something" says Isshiki as he leaves for the kitchen. 

While waiting for Isshiki to come back, Soma turns to Futaba.

"Ashiya, why don't you stay at the dorm here when your brother does?" Soma ask. 

"No particular reason. I just feel that my brother is much more safer here. With people I know I can trust" says Futaba.

There was something about that Futaba said had bugged Soma but he decides not to press on it as Isshiki returns with two plates of dishes. 

"Here, it's done. Have some" says Isshiki. 

"Don't mind if I do" says Soma as he takes a bite. 

Soma's eyes widen. 

'It's too good! His level is vastly different to the other dorm students! Even if he's a second year!' Soma thoughts.

Soma glance to see Futaba's reaction. Totally none. Futaba simply doesn't react but he knows that it's really delicious. 

"By the way Soma-kun" Isshiki calls. 

"I heard you said something fairly interesting in the opening ceremony" says Isshiki. 

"Aiming for Totsuki's top might not be as easy as you think" He continues. 

"Allow me to introduce myself. I am Totsuki's Elite Ten... Seventh seat, Isshiki Satoshi. Now, I wonder what story does your dish tells, Soma-kun" says Isshiki. 

"Satoshi, you would have looked more intimidating if you're in your school uniform" Futaba says.

"Now that's just mean Futaba-chan" says Isshiki with a cold chuckle. 

"Soma, just a note for you. There hasn't bee much people who can defeat Satoshi" says Futaba.

"Soma-kun, it's your turn next. Show me a story you can tell on the plate" Isshiki challenges and Soma accepts. 

"Well, if it means free food and I'm excited" says Futaba with an intimidating smirk.