Chapter Sixteen

Despite the horrible smell coming from Sadatsuka's dish, it turned out to be delicious after Sendawara Orie takes the first bite. Soon, the judges couldn't stop eating and they gave her 84 points. 

"WOOOOHHHH!!! She's in the 80's!"

"The first candidate to get over 50!"

"She's in first place!"

"Ahhh someday I want Erina-sama to eat this curry" says Sadatsuka as she prays into the light. 

"I will continue to mc the event while we ventilate the hall. Next student please! Show us your dish!" says Urara.

The next student is Arato Hisako. It is said that Hisako and Sadatsuka had a Shokugeki to see who is worthy of staying by Erina's side and the winner was Hisako. It was during their second year in the Junior High division. Futaba hadn't known about it until Hirose had told her.

"Next is Arato Hisako's dish huh?"

"She's Erina-sama's secretary after all. She'll surely show us an amazing dish!"

"Have some please..." says Hisako as she serves her dish.

"The roux isn't very viscous but quite juicy. Maybe it's something close to curry soup" Sendawara Orie judges. 

After a few comments from the judges, they begin to have a taste of Hisako's dish. One of the judge suddenly burst into a very muscular form.

"This unique aroma is! Dongdanggui, Senkyuu, Jiou, Shakuyaku! A dish based on traditional Chinese medicine made by mixing four varieties of plant- Shimotsuto!"

"When you say Shimotsuto, you mean the dish that is said to revive travelers on the verge of death as soon as they eat it?!"

"Hehe, that's Arato Hisako's specialty, a medicinal cooking expert" says Alice. 

"Medicinal cooking?" Megumi questions. 

"It's a way of cooking based on oriental medicines which mixes cuisine with medicine and pharmaceuticals. It develops a systematic dietary regimen by using infused natural remedies and traditional Chinese medicine" Futaba explains. 

"Futaba, you feeling better?" Takumi ask. 

"Well yeah, now that the stench is gone" says Futaba. 

Hisako then goes on to elaborate to the judges on how she made her dish where she names it 'Mutton Meat Shimotsuto Curry'. After seeing the judges are all smiles for Hisako's dish, Sadatsuka begins to feel enrage until she herself tasted Hisako's dish. The judges eventually gave 92 points to Hisako, taking the first place currently. 

"UWWOOOHHH! She's in the 90's!"

"She surpassed Sadatsuka's score like it was nothing! As expected of Erina-sama's secretary!!"

"Hi-Hisako-onee-sama~~" 

On the other hand in the A block, there hasn't been a single dish that was able to satisfy the judges, especially Sendawara Natsume, who has been giving 0 points. 

Daigo and Shoji who were cheering for the B block quickly heads over to the A block while Fumio stays to watch at the B block. They arrive only to sense the silence and tension. 

"Sendawara gave out 0 points again" Shun comments.

"It's amazing... She's judged around 10 people and yet she has yet to give a single point" says Ryoko. 

"All those dishes looked pretty good too" says Soma.

"T-Then the next person please!" The Emcee for A block, Sasaki Yua exclaims in tears, also partly the fear for Sendawara's gaze. 

Next up was Kurokiba Ryo. He lazily serves his dish and after some comments, the judges begin to taste his dish. Sendawara's eyes widen as she begins to take a second bite.

"The base is made of American sauce! A French sauce made using the shells of crustaceans and this woody aroma, the secret is... Cognac!"

The judges were all smile and praises for Ryo's dish and as Erina watches, she is remembered when her cousin Alice first introduced Ryo to her where Alice herself now has an assistant too. 

"Hmm, It seems a dish really worth grading finally came out. He isn't Alice's follower for nothing" says Ikumi. 

"But you know... That dish, is it really over?" Soma questions, bringing confusion to Ikumi's face as Soma sense that there is something more behind the dish.

"We-Well, it wasn't bad. I can give it some worthy points. Well then, we'll proceed on to grad--"

"Ah wait" says Ryo as he searches for something. 

He takes out his bandanna and wraps it around his head. Boom. An instant change of his lazy vice to a ferocious one. 

"Not yet!! It's too early to finish sampling my dish!" says Ryo. 

"Did you really have to do that?" Sendawara questions to no one in particular. 

Ryo then presents a tray of droppers, where the judges deduce that the droppers consist of cognac.

"There's a part you haven't eaten yet isn't there? The insides of the spiny lobster's head... The lobster's brain. You put a few drops of this inside the shell  and slurp it! The most delicious way of eating it!" Ryo instructs while the judges widen their eyes. 

Meanwhile in the B block, Futaba is now serving her dish to the judges. 

"Enjoy. I call it 'Venison Kofta'. I'm not a fan of fancy dish names but this is what it's called" says Futaba as she presents her dish.

"Interesting. Kofta is generally found in the  subcontinent, South Caucasian, Middle Eastern, Balkan, and Central Asian cuisines. By adding in the curry spices and venison meat, this makes it really tempting to eat!"

"Well then, let's have a bite" 

The judges takes their first bite. Futaba remain her smirk face. Right after the first bite, the judges quickly eats several more bites.

"Hahhh~ I can feel myself travelling all around Asia!" says Sendawara. 

"The spices you used are coriander leaves, green chilies, cloves, dried chilies and ground coriander"

"That is correct. I've also added in freshly roasted and ground cardamom and cassia bark" says Futaba.

"*Sniff* The aroma of this dish is simply extravagant. Makes me crave for more!"

"The venison meat is also easy to chew, not too hard and yet not too soft. The cooking is just right! Suitable for people of any ages!"

"It's simply magnificent!"

"Then judges! The score for Candidate Ashiya Futaba is...!"