Chapter Twenty

The preliminaries of the Autumn Selections have come to an end and the ten final contestants that were moving on to the main tournament are:

From the A block,

Hayama Akira.

Yukihira Soma. 

Kurokiba Ryo.

Ashiya Hirose. 

Mimasaka Subaru. 

From the B block, 

Ashiya Futaba.

Nakiri Alice. 

Arato Hisako. 

Takumi Aldini. 

Tadokoro Megumi. 

That night, the Polar Star dormitory was pretty crowded as all the Polar Star kids, plus Ikumi, Takumi and Isami came over for a party. 

"And now, to commemorate the closing of the Autumn Selections Preliminaries, we'll get this party started!!!!" Yuki exclaims and the students cheered.

Just a few hours ago before the end of the preliminaries...

"Looks like you did it Hirose" says Futaba with a proud smile.

"Thanks sis" says Hirose. 

"Futaba!" Ryo called, with his bandana on. 

"Ryo"

"Try my dish!" He exclaims. 

"Alright then. And what's with everyone giving me their dish?" says Futaba while questioning herself about the last sentence. 

She then gets a taste of Ryo's dish, followed by slurping it after adding in the drops of cognac. After finishing she licked her mouth.

"Pretty delicious. Saw that you are tied with my brother. And congratulations for advancing Ryo" says Futaba as Ryo hands her a piece of tissue to wipe her mouth. 

"Our deal is still on. I'll face you in the main tournament!" says Ryo.

"Alright. The battle is on Ryo and I won't show mercy" says Futaba.

Just then, Alice called to Ryo as she removes his bandana and drags him away from the area. Literally. But the next person to find her is Akira. 

"Hope you're not asking me to eat your dish too" says Futaba with her hands up.

"Huh? No, I was planning on letting you try if we're facing off in the main tournament" says Akira. 

"Congratulations by the way. Professor Jun must be so proud of you" says Futaba.

Akira says nothing, simply pulling Futaba into a hug, making her surprised. 

"I'll give it my all and win" says Akira. 

"Good luck trying to defeat me" Futaba challenged and Akira scoffs with a smile and he leaves the arena with Shiomi waving at him. 

"Futaba-chan! Let's go back to the dorm! Yuki-chan says there will be a party" says Megumi.

Futaba nods as she heads to meet up with her friends. 

Futaba looks around to see Takumi and Ryoko interacting with one another while Ikumi and Yuki were talking about meat and Marui just sulking at one point because the party is held in his room like usual. 

"Here, you should eat lots too!" Isshiki offered to the Aldini twins in his naked-apron form.

The twins and Ikumi gazed at him weirdly while random thoughts ran through their mind but didn't dare to voice it out. 

"Anyway, the end of the preliminaries were a big shock. Just who was that guy?" Ryoko suddenly questions. 

"I hear a lot of bad rumours surrounding him. Some say he had connections with a dangerous organization and destroyed a crime syndicate!" says Yuki. 

"I heard that he defeated a bear in one hit" says Ryoko.

"Wasn't it a bull?" Yuki ask. 

"Bad rumours yes. He's bad news for those who doesn't know about him" says Futaba.

"You know him Futaba?" Takumi ask. 

"Not personally of course. I had done a fast research on him. Mimasaka Subaru, he has defeated 99 Totsuki students through a Shokugeki. 

Their loss is they lost their kitchen equipment to him. He works under the jackass-- Ahem, I mean the 9th Seat of the Elite Ten, Eizan Etsuya. 

It is said that throughout his Shokugeki, the ingredients he used and he method of cooking he does is all exactly the same as his opponents. That's his skill, Perfect Trace as he claims it.

He can almost read your mind and know exactly what you will be making and he can make it even better, thus, he keeps winning these Shokugekis. So far, no one has been able to defeat him" says Futaba. 

"How do you know so much? As expected of Futaba" Soma says. 

"A quick research. Anyways, where's Shun?" Futaba ask. 

"He shut himself in his room, must be frustrated" says Yuki. 

"I'll go talk to him" says Futaba as she burst her way into Shun's room. 

"Why didn't you knock before coming in?" Shun ask after seeing it is Futaba who just burst in without notice. 

"Feeling alright Shun?" Futaba ask. 

"I'll be fine. Why don't you go and have fun?" Shun ask. 

"Not if you're there Shun. I know I'm not good with comforting words at a time like this but... You did your best Shun. Mimasaka was an opponent out of your league if I am being really honest here. 

You aren't the only one feeling frustrated. Ikumi, Isami, Yuki, Ryoko and Zenji. Like you, they don't show it but they must be upset for not being able to advance. However, what you all can do now is to give full support for those who advanced right?" Futaba says. 

"Futaba... You..."

"Just so you know, even if I did end up fighting against my brother, I won't let him win" says Futaba with a smile. 

Shun remains silent before he suddenly pulls Futaba in a hug, making her wonder what's with the hugging today.

"Thanks Futaba" says Shun and he sneakily kisses Futaba's cheeks, making her eyes widen and blushing. 

"S-Shun!"

"Shh, our little secret" says Shun.

Futaba was stunned. 'Was he always like this??' She wonders. She shakes her head, eventually pulling Shun out of the room.

Upon arriving back at Marui's room, it was round two of a chaos party with Isshiki eventually stripping out of his naked-apron form, ending up in just an underwear. 

Ikumi blushed furiously while Futaba's eyes widen along with her jaw dropping since she has never seen this form of Isshiki. Takumi and Hirose quickly covers Futaba's eyes while Yuki was laughing with tears. 

"Isshiki-senpai!! Don't just strip like that!!" Hirose scolded despite his face being red. 

The party lasted till late and soon, everyone was out cold. The next morning, Isshiki had woken up Futaba much to her dismay. 

She gets ready and headed downstairs while rubbing her sleepy eyes. She is then fully awaken after realizing Isshiki was dressed very formally. 'H-Hot and handsome...' Futaba thought before shaking her head.

"Have you taken an interest in me already Futaba-chan? Is your heart wavering?" Isshiki teased while holding her hand and placing a kiss on it. 

"S-Satoshi you baka! W-Why did you wake me up so early?!" Futaba ask with a blush while retreating her hand. 

Isshiki chuckles. 

"I'm taking you on a date" says Isshiki. Futaba's eyes widen. 

"HUUUUH?!?!?!"