Hyped Up Plans

"Thank you for joining us Ky, take a seat. Anyway, the Sports Festival isn't something we can cancel because of a few villains. Our Sports Festival is one of the most watched events in the entire world. In the past, everyone obsessed over the Olympic games. But then Quirks started appearing. Now, the Olympics have been drastically reduced in terms of scale and viewership. For anyone who cares about competition, there's only one tournament that matters. The UA Sports Festival."

"And the top heroes everywhere will be watching," Momo said, "This is where you get scouted."

"And when you GET scouted, you could get the biggest opportunity to change your life, even if you have to be a sidekick for a while," I added, crossing my arms.

"It's true that joining a famous hero agency can garner you greater experience and popularity," Aizawa said through the bandages, "That's why the festival matters. If you wanna go pro one day, then this event could open the path for you. One chance a year, three chances in a lifetime, no aspiring hero can afford to miss this festival. That means you better not slack off on your training... Class dismissed."

So an opportunity like this can really change my future and the future of the Estacado blood-line, I need to really prove myself. What am I thinking, I already know I will do great for this. I hang around with my class a bit after the bell and Katsuki's group of idiots was there, they may be dumb but they will give you one helluza laugh, let me tell you. Like Kirishima was yelling about how pumped he was for the Sports Festival.

"We put on a good show, and we're basically on the road to bein' pros!" Sero walks up the four of us talking about the games.

"Yeah, this is why I'm even here in the first place," Sato says, punching his hand.

"We get so few chances," Tokoyami speaks up, "We have to make the most of this."

"It's why we all are here isn't?" I say, they all agree with me and I SHIT YOU NOT, little ole Uraraka was acting like Katsuki. She went on to do like a motivational speech with her fist in the air, the other students did the same. 

I look over to see the new kid, Ky walk out of the classroom. I follow him outside to talk to him, I have never met him before so... I catch up to him pretty easily, no running.

"Your name is Ky, right?" I say, he looks at me with a smile.

"Yeah, and you are?" He asks me.

"Call me Estacado," I offer him my hand and he shakes it.

"Pleasure to meet you."

"Where are you from kid?"

"I originally went to school here actually with Midoriya, I then moved to New York and now I'm back."

"I was in the states for a while, is was Metropolis, then it was in Brooklyn, and now here."

"Wow, the same city as the Man of Steel himself? Did you see anything cool?."

"Not really, I don't remember anything... What is your Quirk?"

"Overload, a quirk that can change the weather, mostly making thunderstorms it can also resist lightning bolts, but it can help make your body regenerate faster, having adrenaline making it go faster, it can also control the lightning, and it's color. I can transfer a power of a bolt onto someone else, making it give them a charge."

"Nice, mine is called The Darkness, Originally,  I saw it as a parasite but I am learning how to get on the same page as the Quirk making it more deadly. It has a mind of it's own as well as the most abilities that a Quirk can have. The common one is called 'demon arms', like the name suggests, they are demon arms. One is made for grabbing and the other for slashing."

"Neat."

LUNCH RUSH'S EATERY

All Might pulled me aside when no one was looking and said he was going to get Izuku in there as well. I sat back and started eating a bit of my food. Ya know the usual, the Darkness trying to get me to give in but always failing. Eh, you get used to it after a few years. I was sitting down when All Might laughed loudly.

"YOUNG MIDORIYA IS HERE!" He yelled, I don't here Izuku very well but I do hear All Might's response, "Lunch, ya want to eat with me."

Once everyone was sitting down, Midoriya was sitting next to me on another stool, he was confused when he first say me but remembered I know about everything almost. They did feel comfortable telling me their secret, only a fool wouldn't hang around them more.

"I can only transform for 50 minutes..." He said softly, am I hearing this right? After what used to be 3 hours turned into 50 minutes.

"ONLY 50 MINUTES?!" Deku yelled.

"That's about how long I can use my power now." He said.

"That's means it will only get lower the more time goes on." I speak up.

"You're right kid, I overdid it too many times. That Nomu was a real tough customer, he took a lot outta me. At this point, I can barely even look like All Might for an hour and a half..."

Deku was about to speak up but I put my hand in front of his mouth, "You did what we were too afraid to do, Deku, Though you didn't listen to me very well, you still saved him somewhat. No need for apologizing."

All Might laughed a bit of blood, "You really can read anyone like a book before they could say anything couldn't ya. But he is right Midoriya, god me and you are really alike." He said, he put 2 cups of tea in front of us, "Have some tea." We thanked him, "Midoriya, I wanted to talk to you about the Sports Festival. The problem is, you still can't fully control One For All yet. So then, what's your plan?"

We both looked at Midoriya and I spoke up, "It's all on you buddy, I can't do really anything in the Festival."

"I did once!" He said, remembering, "When I landed a smash on that brain villain, there was no backlash at all!"

"Oh, that's right. you did mention that. What was different about that smash?" All Might asked.

"I saw the whole thing, he was saving Asui and Mineta from that Shigaraki guy." I say, "Anyway, I'll be going."

They said goodbye and I went out the door. I took a turn and bumped into a little Ashido. We quickly regain balance, but when we do, we sit there and stare into each others eyes. A deep blush in both of our faces. This was moment I won't forget, this was the first time we have encountered each other like that.