Chapter 4.

Zayn's POV.

Niall went on talking about how much he hates his mother, little does he know, I have no idea who my real mother is. He's extremely lucky to even be able to talk to his mother everyday. So I snapped on him screaming at the top of my lungs while the tears came streaming down my face. Did I just begin to cry in front of him? This wont look good for my 'bad boy' act. I thought to myself. "Uh, Zayn, im sorry man I didn't know." said Niall as he put his arm around my shoulders trying to comfort me. I liked it, knowing he cared. I felt like he was one person who wouldn't judge me, no matter what. I realized it was beginning to get awkward, and told him we should get back to work.

We got back to work, but I couldn't help feeling like Niall was the right boy for me. He'd get frustrated. He was cute when he was frustrated. He'd get mad every time he proceeded to do something wrong. aha, blondie's cute when he's frustrated. I thought to myself. Or at least I thought I was thinking to myself.. when stupid me blurted out "aha, blondie, you're cute when you're frustrated." WHAT ZAYN MALIK. WHAT ARE YOU DOING. YOU DID NOT JUST TELL YOUR STRAIGHT SCIENCE PARTNER HE WAS CUTE WHEN HE'S FRUSTRATED. WHAT WERE YOU THINKING.

Niall's face turned bright red, like a tomato. Oh, I wish I never said that. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that." I said extremely fast. I could feel my face getting hot. I was so embarrassed. Niall didn't seem to mind, his smile was grinning from ear to ear, as he picked up his phone. He was typing really fast as he kept his huge smile on his face. Was he talking about me? Was he telling everyone that I just called him cute? "Aha, it's cool man." Niall said in a reassuring voice that he didn't mind. Niall switched topics real quick though. "Hey Zayn, do you have a girlfriend?" Oh great, now he thinks i'm gay. I am gay, but I don't want people thinking it! "Nope" I said popping the 'p'. "Why?" I asked. "No reason. Just wondering."

Niall's POV.

I could feel my face getting red after Zayn telling me I was cute when frustrated. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that" Zayn said really fast like he was regretting every thing he just said. I could feel my smile getting wider, it couldn't manage to leave my face. Zayn Malik, the bad boy. Thinks im cute when im frustrated. I pulled my phone out right away to see a text from Liam, how ironic, I was just about to text him.

The text read:

"Hey Ni! How's the project coming with you and Zayn? ;) - Liam. x"

"Fine! Thanks for asking. Hey Li, Zayn just said I was cute when I'm frustrated! What does this mean? - Niall x"

"Maybe he's getting to know you and he's gay too? I have no idea, but I have to go, working on science at Rose's. - Liam. x"

I put my phone away and told Zayn everything was alright. No need to be embarrassed. I did want to change the subject though. "Hey, Zayn, do you have a girl friend?" Oh great, now he's going to think I think he's gay. wonderful. He said nope and we continued working. He returned the question, I think it was about time to let everyone know that i'm gay. Here goes nothing. "Uh, no. Zayn, can I trust you with something?" "Sure Lad, hit me!" woah, I guess he wasn't that much of a bad boy after all. "Zayn, I'm gay. That's one think that nobody knows about me" Zayn jumped up startled. Like he was appalled. Maybe this wasn't the right time to tell him about my sexuality..

"Niall, I hide behind this 'bad boy' look, Behind this, is a genuine kid from Bradford, with a soft spot for blondes, who fancies men. I don't tell anyone, and I expect you not to. You're secret is safe with me and I hope you return the favor." Zayn Malik, the 'bad boy', fancies men. I guess we have more in common than I thought. "Z-Z-Zayn, you're gay too? and this whole bad boy look is an act? Why do you act like this?" "Me and Haz-Harry, needed to make a name for ourselves here in Mullingar, and we've been hurt so many times before that we figured if we were the bad boys, no one could hurt us." Zayn just opened up to me. He trusts me, I guess he really does have a soft spot for blondes, ay?

"My parents left me and Harry's foster parents adopted me." He said, getting worked up. I pulled him in for a hug, not letting go for several minutes. I could feel shots shooting through my body as our bodies touched. Is this the first stage of love? I pulled back to look at him in his beautiful big brown eyes, with my hands on both his shoulders. He wouldn't look up at me. I took my right pointer finger and took him by his jaw and lifted his face up so I could see his beautiful eyes. "Don't worry lad, everything is okay now, isn't it. You're foster parents love you. Harry loves you, everything is fine now." Zayn smiled wide as he looked into my eyes. He began to lean toward me, I did the same and our lips smashed together. We had just shared out first kiss.

Zayn's POV

Niall had told me he was gay. He really can trust me. Niall Horan was gay, here I am, wondering why he didn't freak out when I called him cute, and how could I not have found out he was gay?! He opened up to me and I felt like I should return the favor. "Niall, I hide behind this 'bad boy' look, Behind this, is a genuine kid from Bradford, with a soft spot for blondes, who fancies men. I don't tell anyone, and I expect you not to. You're secret is safe with me and I hope you return the favor." I decided to tell him everything. 100% open up to the blondie. Niall seemed surprised, he asked why I hid behind the 'bad boy' image. I proceeded to tell him everything he needed to know. I feel like he should have an explanation on why I flipped out on him earlier. Here goes nothing. "My parents left me and Harry's foster parents adopted me." I said feeling myself getting worked up.

I hung my head low, trying not to show my face to Niall.  My body was visited by another nice warm body that smelt delicious. He didn't let go for several minutes. My body was tingling just by the touch of Niall's nice warm pale skin. He pulled away, but I refused to look up. I felt my chin be pulled up by his pointer finger. He stared into my watery eyes and said "Don't worry lad, everything is okay now, isn't it. You're foster parents love you. Harry loves you, everything is fine now." I got this huge sensation over my body. Oh how I wished I could just kiss this Irish lad standing in front of me, My mind said no, but my heart said yes. I leaned in, closed my eyes and let my heart take the wheel. I felt our lips smash together. They fit like the last piece to a puzzle. Niall is kissing me back. We just shared our first kiss. My mind kept telling me. I was completely over whelmed.

"acheem." we heard someone clear their throat trying to get our attention and we stopped kissing immediately to turn around and see who was there...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll be updating all night! Stay tuned! x