Chapter 17.

Niall's POV

The morning after our wedding we made our way to the airport, Zayn, Louis and I. Louis was going to a college he was invited to tour and possibly go to. I was taking Zayn to Paris, where we'd have our honeymoon. I've had this planned to quite a while, but he had no idea where I was taking him. He begged and begged for me to tell him where we were going. I didn't want to tell him, he's always had a dream of going to Paris. I remember him telling me he went with his foster mother when he was younger, but he doesn't remember it much.

When we arrived at the airport, Zayn stayed outside for a bit, taking a couple puffs of a cigarette, while I got our tickets making sure Zayn didn't see them. We had to wait a bit for our flight, we'd be gone for a week. Zayn, of course wanted to sleep in the airport considering we had woken up so early, but by this time Louis had already left for his flight. I held Zayn's hand as he put his head down on my chest shutting his eye wanting to go to sleep. I rubbed his head, moving his hair away from his eyes, he was beautiful.

I put in my head phones, not letting go of my husband's hand. We received looks from everyone in the airport, but I didn't mind, I was in love. A couple words were said by grown men who snickered words under their breath at us, by women with their young children, and by teenagers who didn't know any better. I had woken up Zayn when it was time to board the plane. He still had no idea where we were going. I ran to the gate, giving them our tickets. I grabbed Zayn's hand and ran onto the plane. We sat next to each other and patiently waited for the plane to take off.

We were in the middle of a deep conversation, when I saw a woman who had long, dark hair, who looked extremely familiar. She was the woman from the party, whom Zayn called mum. Was she following us? I hope Zayn doesn't see her, it'll ruin his whole week. I stopped talking, and just stared at this woman, trying not to make it obvious that she was there. She sat down in the row across from us, I tried to make Zayn look at me this whole time, try to keep him distracted from the woman he called mum.

Zayn's POV.

We boarded the plane, I still had no idea where we were going.  Niall and I hadn't broke the grip in our hands this whole time, I never wanted to let him go. We sat down together, my eyes never left his gaze. His eyes were beautiful, I loved him so much. These deep conversations are what I live for. In the middle of one of our conversations, Niall stopped looking at me and zoned out.

I looked around, not seeing anyone, so I continued the conversation. Niall seemed more interested, trying to make me look directly at him and give him all of my attention. Was he trying to hide something? I looked around, looking for someone or something suspicious, and just when I did, I found the lady in the row across from us, it was my birth mother, Niall was taking me to Paris.

I cut Niall off mid sentence. "You're taking me to Paris? I love you more than anything." I said wrapping my arms around his neck. He looked at me confused. I explained to him the text messages from my mum, and how I wont let her ruin my mood. "ZAYN. WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?" My mum said. I rolled my eyes, and Niall turned around and answered.

"Excuse me ma'am. But you make my husband upset, can you please not speak to us. Thank you." He said it so sweet, in his soothing Irish accent. She nodded and turned around. And Niall and I continued our conversation. She turned around once again opening her mouth to speak. "Zayn, can we talk, im so sorry." I looked at her, and proceeded to say "You hit me, and abused me mum." She looked so upset, but I didn't really care. I resented my mother. I didn't want to speak with her, why couldn't she take the hint. She looked at me with sad eyes. I turned to Niall to enjoy our conversation and the plane ride.

"Well I guess the surprise is blown." Niall said looking real sad. I hugged him. "It's okay babe, thank you." Niall smiled and nodded.

*****