Chapter 21.

Zayn's POV.

We all didn't know how to react. The ringtone was familiar, and so was the person who was singing on it. It sounded like Louis' voice. "Oh, It's what you do to me, what you do to me." Niall finally opened the door expecting to see Louis on the other side. But it was a man. He was short, with semi long hair. He wore cargo shorts and a V-neck. He was wearing a beanie. I've never seen him in my life. We all looked at each other before saying anything. None of us had ever seen him before.

"Hi.. who are you?" I said slowly, confused on who this man was. He laughed, he had the whitest teeth, maybe it looked like that because he was very tan. He held out his hand to me. " Hi, I'm Vic. Nice to meet you." I held out my hand to shake his. Wonderful, a man name Vic was standing on my porch with the same ringtone as Louis, and I had no idea who he was.

"Actually I have something you might want to see." Liam, being fatherlike stepped in front of Niall and I 'protecting' us. He waved for us to follow him outside. Harry was tight to Liam's arm, and Niall was clinging to mine, scared. The man, Vic I guess his name was, had a strong American accent. It was different.

We walked around the flat to see a car. Niall was really scared now, I felt him tense around my arm. I don't get the reason we trusted this strange man anyways. The car was red. Unfamiliar. Harry was whispering something to Liam, just when the back door to the car opened up. One foot came out first, wearing white shoes, and then the other foot came out. He was wearing pants that didn't quite reach his shoes, when he finally made it out of the car, everyone's jaw dropped, besides Harry's, like he was expecting this.

Louis jumped out of the back seat and ran up and hugged the 4 of us, and went over to Vic. None of us said anything, we were all speechless. We had no idea what to say. I looked at Louis' arms, which seemed to have healed. I was happy he was getting better. Even though I haven't seen him in quite  a while, he's still my best friend.

Louis was almost wrapped around Vic's arm. It was weird, he must be a man Lou met in the states. Harry didn't look like he was in any mood to hear from Louis, I know he was upset that he just left him like that. Harry has been happy with Liam, Liam treats him well.

We all walked inside, we agreed to catch up with each other and find out what Louis was doing back here. We sat inside on the couch and caught up with each other. Vic and Louis were too close for comfort, it was odd. Niall sat next to me, holding my hand. He hadn't said a word since Vic knocked on the door. He was holding on to me rather tightly. I was worried about the poor kid.

Louis said he was back here in Ireland because school was too much for him to handle, and he was homesick. It was only a week into school. This was his dream school, I don't know how he could walk away from an opportunity like that.

"So, don't mean to sound blunt, but who is he?" Liam asked calmly. Vic laughed again. His smile was precious. He was a quiet fella though. "I met him in the states. He helped me around, we're kind of together." Harry got up to get something out of his room. I think he was upset. Everything was changing so fast.

Harry came back down, with a box of something. No one asked what it was. He sat next to Liam quietly and clung to his arm. Niall was still being quiet behind me. "So, I thought you were the straight one, lad." Louis said punching Liam's arm playfully, making casual conversation to avoid awkwardness. Liam turned red and laughed it off. Something about all of this was sketchy. There was much tension around the room.

I turned around to look at Niall, and gave him one of my 'what's wrong' facial expressions. He looked at me and shook his head. Something was wrong. I think the whole situation made him uncomfortable. I held him in my arms. I was worried. Niall had never been this quiet before.