Chapter 9.

Zayn's POV.

Niall wasn't home yet and it was 11:30. I was beginning to get nervous. I got a call, from an unknown number. "Hey baby, im in the hospital. but don't worry. im fine." It was Niall! He was in the hospital. But I have no idea why. I grabbed my jacket. And hopped on my motor cycle. I rode all the way to the hospital, fast.

I got off my bike and ran into the hospital, find the lady at the front desk and grabbing her. "Niall horan, where's his room?" "Ah! you must be Zayn! He's been waiting for you, room 208!" I ran down the hall, almost hitting a couple doctors on the way down. I found Niall's room. And I could hear him talking to someone. I walked in, and Niall stopped mid conversation with an old lady, who seemed to be his roommate. "BABY." I ran over to him and hugged him, "Are you okay, whats wrong, why are you in here?!" I shouted as all of these questions flowed out of my mouth.

Two boys beat me up. They called me 'that fag' and just beat me up. I don't remember much, but this lady brought me to the hospital when I passed out, he said pointing at the old lady standing in the corner. I looked at her and thanked her. She just might've saved Niall's life. The doctor walked in, and explain everything that happened to me. They told me that Niall had glass in his head. and He had to stay over night for a closer look, but he'd definitely be able to come home tomorrow.

"Baby, will you stay with me, im scared." I nodded and told him i'd be in the chair in the corner all night, waiting to take him in the morning. "I'll tellt Liam and the lads youre here, and i'll text your mum." I said . The doctor walked in with a blank expression on his face. He said he was taking Niall down to testing.

The wheeled Niall out of the room and the old lady started to talk to me.

"You're lucky to have that boy, he's a fine gentleman. Don't lose him, son. Ive been in and out of hospitals all of my life, and the look on the doctors face wasn't good. just hang in there, boy. He needs you and you need him. I'll be happy to stay and keep you company until he comes back." I nodded and took my phone out of my pocket.

"Hey Liam, can you let the other Lads know that Niall is in the hospital and he'll be out tomorrow. I'll keep you posted on what happens. - Zayn. x"

I proceeded to text Ms. Horan.

"Hi, Niall is in the hospital because some jerks beat him up. We'll be at your house once Niall is allowed to leave. I'll keep you posted when I know more. - Zayn<3"

Before I could look up Ms. Horan was texting back. I call her Ms. Horan out of respect, but she always tells me to call her by her first name.

"Thanks for letting me know Zayn! Keep me updated. If he's not home tomorrow im coming up there! - Ms. Horan<3"

It was good to know that she cared about him. He has been getting really distant with his mum lately. Niall came back in the room and I told him that we were going to see his mum once we leave this place tomorrow. By the time Niall came back the lady left. He said that he'd by her flowers once he got out of here tomorrow. He went to sleep and I walked over to the chair in the corner. Time to get some sleep, It's been a long day.

Niall's POV.

I woke up to see Zayn lying right where he said he'd be. I tried to remember how I ended up here in the first place.

I remember as much as walking down the street trying to clear my head. Popping in and out of stores, buying food and just window shopping. I was walking down Main Street to see two kids from school walking toward me. I began to get nervous. "Hey. It's that fag. The new kid's boyfriend." Said the first kid. "YEAH. Let's hit him!" The second boy said. The boys swung at me with his right hand. I dodged his first shot but before I could get up to move the second boy grabbed a glass bong out of his back pack, and raised it up, the last thing I remember is me yelling "ZAYN!" before I woke up in the hospital with the old lady.