Chapter 2: Night Work

Words: 4k
Reminder: Flashbacks are in italic.
(Messages and calls are also in italic but if the narrative before weren't then it is still the day in question.)

Y/N's point of view

It's been a week or maybe more that I'm working on the set of Wandavision.

I have to tell that this shit is intense. There's so much things that I have to do while they shoot and while they rest. I'm not an actress or a director so maybe it isn't that bad, but the soundchecks and the projects has been kind of stressing because it stops me from seeing Scarlett.

All the cast and crew are amazing coworkers and I love being here. Maybe if I had a little more time to live my life this would the perfect job.

"Coffee?" Kat asks while takes a sip of her own cup. That one is a really good company. She's always cheering everyone up and bringing snacks for the crew. Lovely as hell.

I give her a laugh. "It's lunch time. Why are you drinking coffee?"

She sits beside me, on Elizabeth's chair. I don't know how we get herre but I'm getting closer and closer to her, so she just dragged her chair next to mine a few days ago. I don't even have to say that Kat spends more time here than she does. And I'm not complaining but I like when it's Elizabeth.

"I'm tired and apparently we are not done, so no going out for food and no rest." The brunette explains. "Can you believe that they want to finish the filming in three months?!"

I wish I could react to that but I was kind of expecting something like that. It's a sitcom, after all. The season is short, with only nine episodes and none of them except the last one passes the thirty-five minutes.

That doesn't means that the show will be released any time soon, though. I believe that maybe in 2021, if we manage to end the filming by the expected time.

And even though I don't watch Marvel things where Natasha doesn't appears, I am kind of excited to see the results of this. Maybe because I know that my name will be in the credits or maybe because I love sitcoms.

Kat and I just keep silent while she drinks her beverage. The shooting was happening and I have to say that was really funny watching the characters make all those bad jokes. I laughed at all of them. Especially the ones that were from Elizabeth. She was the best.

"Would you like to do something like that someday?" Kat asks, pointing at the actors getting ready for another take.

Her question makes me think. Being on the screen was my dream for awhile and I had all the support I needed from everyone except from Scarlett, so I just gave up one day. She didn't say anything toxic or bad about it but it was written on her face that she didn't approve. I never asked why because I knew the answer: Would be suspicious if someone ended up taking a picture of us or something. A bunch of headlines about two actresses dating.

But now, there's nothing holding me back. We have our pictures taken a hundred times per day and both of our managers know how to make them becoming something fun or invisible.

Maybe I should try someday when I drop my second album or something.

"Yes. I would very much love to." I answer, with a sad smile on my lips. The things would be so different today if Scarlett and I were still together. Perhaps would be better but this isn't what I believe in.

I don't really think about this as much as I did before becoming a singer. The fear of regretting my choices keeps me numb. I am thankful for that, in a way.

She squeezes my shoulder. "Don't sad smile to me, Y/N. You should try an test for some tv show, don't you think?"

"Probably. Maybe. I don't know, actually." I go around the bush. But she's right, though. I won't know if I can do this if I don't give it a try. I should trust my skills a little more.