Chapter 9: The hurting.

Words: 4.7k
Chapter's song: Paper Rings – Taylor Swift

Y/N's point of view

'Good evening, pumpkin.

I just wanted you to know that I love the way you practice your art, I don't care if it's good or bad (it's good, though). It's beautiful to see how it makes your soul shine. Write songs, play melodies, tell your stories and continue to bless me with your sweet voice every day.

With all of my love, Scarlett.'

That's what I read on the card placed on a huge box in the middle of our queen sized bed. Today is our first day at the apartment we bought together. I knew she would do something lovely, but I'm genuinely surprised at the size of the gift. I smile alone. I wonder where Scarlett went while I was taking my shower, but at the same time I'm not curious to know because apparently it has to be a surprise.

The box is made of sanded light wood and fills half of the length of the bed. Small random drawings adorn the entire lid and lighen up my excitement to know the interior content.

So, in a hurry, I open the fasteners and come across several gifts packed with brown paper. It is harmonious and mysterious. I open each gift carefully, smiling wider at every thing I see. I had received notebooks, diaries, sketchbooks, planners, portfolios full of blank sheets for scores and some bonnets. In addition to the things dedicated to my passion for music there were also earrings, necklaces, chains, rings and finally, a perfect dress.

'Wear it today.' It was all that was written on the note that came with it.

Scarlett got home less than an hour later, completely dressed up and holding a perfect guitar. My eyes shine towards her and I can't help jumping on her for a tight hug. The height difference is no longer that big because I'm almost her size now so my face is side by side with hers. "Hey, pumpkin." She greets me, moving away. "For you." My girlfriend extends the instrument to me and I feel my eyes fill up. It is my first guitar that belongs only to me and it is Scarlett who is giving it to me. Could it be any better?

I distribute kisses all over her face, muttering how happy that specific gift made me. I couldn't wait to sing for her using it.

"Why aren't you ready?" Scarlett asks after we chatted about the apartment and the gifts.

"I didn't know what time you would arrive. Not even for what I should be getting ready." I explain, clinging to the eldest's neck. I stare into her eyes and then her mouth, resisting the temptation to kiss her. "Thank you again for those presents. You are the perfect woman for me."

"You're the perfect woman and that's why you deserve it and much more." Scarlett gives me a kiss on my lips. "You'll be getting ready for our first meeting in Cambridge by the way."

"I don't remember being asked if I wanted to go on a date." I make charm. "You disappeared all day and when you get here yoy keep looking at me like that. I feel like doing everything but leaving this room." I tease her, gaining a smirk in return.

"What can I say? I can't resist this view." She jokes. "And in my defense, I thought it was implied that the dress and note were an invitation."

"Next time 'Hey, do you want to go on a date with me?' It must work." I move away and walk to the box, taking the dress in my hands and tidying up my toiletries to get ready in the bathroom.

"Okay. Hey, do you want to go on a date with me?" Scarlett asks.

I laugh and reply: "You're terrible."