Chapter 17

Chapter 17

"I wanted to get close to you so I asked Nick for help" she blushed and I thought I heard a breeze sing beautifully at the sight of her face, it's the most adorable thing to ever grace planet earth in the wee hours. And it's contagious because I could feel the blood rush to my face and this time my hair was in a bun so I had nothing to help me hide the embarrassing red tint on my face I instead rested both my hands on my cheeks and focused my attention on her. She seemed to get intimidated by my stare so she looked down and blushed a lot harder.

"What then can you say about that Saturday at the golf course? It actually Nick I saw behind the ice cream parlour. Yeah?" She nodded awkwardly. I thought I heard her whisper an apology and I wanted to ask for what was she was apologising, but I didn't want to interrupt her given as she was already dead uncomfortable. My silence seemed to have portrayed an angered image about me.

"Don't be so quiet. It's so unlike you" her attempt at a joke just filled the atmosphere around us with a lot more tension.

"There's so much about me that isn't the same anymore savannah. But of course you wouldn't really know" I added the last part before I could think through what my mouth was manufacturing. She swiftly raised her head up and her eyes went from hurt to sad to understanding and then to apologetic. I realized that maybe we aren't sober enough to talk sensibly so I started to crawl for the exit of the tent, but she stopped my movements by tugging at my socked cold foot giving it a treat of warmth from her delicate touch.

"so in trying to correct my mistakes, Nick suggested that I use my mom to get your mom to ease up on you about the detention_ but I dint even get to see you after school during that week, even if I knew that you didn't have afternoon classes for most of those days" that came as a shock to me, because Nick knew right from the beginning that my mom didn't know anything about my detention, or anything that had to do with my life at school.

Her breath hitched and her eyes shut almost instantly, she involuntarily pressed her face in my palm that had somehow opened on its own accord to welcome the contact with her soft skin. My heart turned into a cathedral bell wildly beating against my ribcage and making a vibration impact on my clothing. I could feel my nipples harden against the fabric of the cropped sweat I was wearing. The loud buzz of a notification coming from savannah's phone snapped me out of my trace; her eyes snapped open, her face completely flushed.

"I_uh mmm, need to pee" I snatched my hand from her face as if her face was on fire and bolted out of the comfort of the sleeping bag as fast as my position in the tent could allow me, cold air hit my way too red face when I finally stepped outside. I took in long a few breaths till my breathing wasn't laboured anymore, and my heartbeat had gotten back to normal.

Since the loos were too far from where I was, I decided to head into the forest-like kind of shrub to pee. I didn't realize how far I had gone into the somewhat forest till I noticed that the ground beneath my bare feet was a bit rocky, or gravel, the make-shift-forest had turned into a real one and I could hear water flowing right ahead of me, so I let my curiosity do what it always does, that is;

It lets me try to feed it despite the warning bell in my head. Before me, was a water fall filling up some kind of a pond.

I ditched my clothing and jumped head first without caution into the flowing water. within the three seconds it took me to get in the water, I had already made up my mind on what my art piece was going to portray for the gifted hunt submission, and of course the idea I perceived had savannah written all over it.

The water soothed my veins and dealt away with the lingering traces of arousal that had somehow refused to go with the warmth that left my body courtesy of the cold air hitting my skin on my misguided mission to escape my feelings for savannah, but of course it couldn't do away with my almost sacred want for a certain blond head and brown eyes with thin lips that I seemed to think about constantly.