chapter 3

Chapter 3

Miko and I hitched a ride with Adrian and savannah to my home, my dad was arms akimbo at the front door when we arrived, he probably was still sore about his loss. Him and savannah's brother have always had a weird friends-rivalry relationship, they sometimes viciously go at each other to a point where their competition becomes a tad bit scary, but that's only when it comes to games and being the man of the house seeing as savannah's dad is out of the picture and my brother Miko is basically just a baby and they both want to be seen as the masculine energy in both families, but they do great business together where my dad is the tech brains and Adrian is the business brains.

Adrian started a delivery company a few years back and it's my father who created its website, and now Adrian's company is shipping goodies all over the globe courtesy of their intellect combined. From the time Adrian came of age about the same time he graduated from business school, he and my father have always had suspiciously long talks after their golf games in his home office, and this time it wasn't any different either, my dad nodded towards his office and grunted a semblance of acknowledgement to savannah then disappeared through the doors made of expensive wood.

Automatically, savannah had to stay and wait for her ride back home earning me a whole afternoon of drooling and fantasizing, The crop top she wore left very little to imagination and her dance classes gave her an impossibly appealing midriff, the temperature at my house suddenly got high or at least it did for me because hot stuff parading through my house and i got to stare enough to commit the details to memory. Also, a pair of the most gorgeous brown eyes I have ever seen at the dining table is always an upgrade from the monotonous boring diner conversations.

The minute we stepped out of Adrian's car, Miko made a bee line for the front door with the cookies he had saved for Bode his golden retriever even though the poor dog was just going to watch him eat the cookies while it laps at a bowl of water. Savannah and I on the other hand were left to maneuver the awkwardness between us all on our own as we walked side by side to the front door, it's like we were always trying to cautiously switch from barely acquaintances to possibly friends for the sake of our parents.

Savannah got engulfed in a motherly embrace the minute we walked through the front door and I barely refrained from saying 'i don't blame you mom, she's completely lovable'. Sometimes it felt like my mom envied savannah's mom, it made me wonder if she had ever considered harming the woman so she could adopt her daughter but I have always known that she is big on linage and heritage so I discarded those horrible assumptions about my mom the minute they came, had circumstances been reversed Savannah and my mom would make the perfect duo in the kitchen and I would spend every waking moment protecting the winery her mom owns. The teenager in me loves alcohol.

"It's a relief you came dear, am swamped trying to feed my ungrateful children" my mom practically purred, and her accusations were said directly into my face, Savannah smiled. I imagined whether if my mom asked me to help out in the kitchen as nicely as she asks Nash if maybe I wouldn't be so repellant when it came to cooking. Savannah was still held tightly in my mom's embrace so my mom didn't see it when savannah agreed hence missing out on my eye roll, savannah was going to agree to it anyway, Gossip buddies stick together.

The difference in their hair really did make them look like kitchen buddies; my mom's like mine is a waist long mane of raven contrasting savannah's shoulder length honey locks. My mom's thick Asian lashes that Miko inherited uniquely established her as the woman in charge let alone being short or rather small in that she looks like she could be half savannah's height and weight.

"Criss are you up for some kitchen adventure?" Nash asked me and winked, my stomach fluttered.

"Yeah yeah yeah... whatever" I mumbled