chapter 11

Chapter 11

A couple of hours were spent at the mall, two of which were wasted on intellectually retarded chit chats over cold sugary snacks and unrequited flirting among a few hormonal teenagers and uninterested girls and boys. Savannah reverted into awkwardness around me after she had calmed down from her emotional breakdown; she was avoiding me and making no effort in hiding it. with Savannah keeping me at arm's length and nothing to keep me off the edge, my mind reverted back to my obsession with my mystery man; I suddenly was very aware of how many people go in and out of the mall, and if the person who had been toying with me was as smart as they had proven to be, then I could only be certain that they were definitely in the mall watching over me like the psycho god they were. Luckily for me, I get my best ideas scared.

Ps: The Ideas don't necessarily account for consequences.

I sought Jordan out from the small group of boys where Nick was flaunting his new kicks and almost everyone was in awe, I too would have been in awe had it been that I was unbothered by depth and intelligence.

"Two questions_ are you inclined to sending anonymous gifts to petite girls? And would you classify yourself as spontaneous?" I asked while dragging him towards his truck that he might have or might have not borrowed from his brother.

"What have you been smoking?" The look on his face mirrored his fear. I might have been harebrained for all he knew.

"Greenie!" I had to fix him with the short-girl look to prove my sanity. It's my most effective persuasion strategy.

"Okay, to answer your question, No and Maybe yesNo. Why do you ask?" He looked kind of concerned, like he was having an internal debate to determine whether I had gone completely nuts or if I had snuck a prescription not medically meant for me into my system.

"Am not crazy in case you were wondering, At least not yet" relief visibly washed over him but he hadn't counted on the fact that I was clinically incapable of obeying rules; in the most delicate and tentative way possible, i asked him to help me break into the control room just to copy an hours' length of CCTV footage. He of course said "no" straight away, but I had spent sixteen years of my life finding loopholes around all the "No's" my parents and authorities had ever said to me.

Short version: he couldn't resist my charm, so he gave in.

We took his car after making Steph promise that she would pick me up from school on her way home. We made it back to a nearly empty school parking lot in one piece, am not even going to complain about how Jordan came close to having us killed, must have been the combination testosterone and juvenile delinquency.

"Before I go to jail, can I ask exactly why we are tempting fate?" He looked like he wasn't going to take nothing for an answer, and besides, it was only fair that he didn't follow me blindly to my doom.

"Someone slipped a note in my bag, I want to know who?"

"So someone plays a trick on you and you break in the control room? Aren't you over reacting?"

"My attempt at finding out who eliminated everyone else leaving you, steph and Nick as the main suspects and oh, it isn't the first time" he looked at me in disbelief so I had to sooth his fear with some kind of immunity against my distrust.

"I don't think it's you though, that's why I asked for your help... and whoever it is, accompanied the note with a gift box, you just told me you are not inclined to sending anonymous gifts to petite girls" he was deep in thought for close to a minute inviting the stillness of the outside into the car. "Pleeease..." I whined even if I knew he wouldn't fall for it if he decided he didn't want part in my ill gotten solution.