Chapter 13

Chapter 13

After Savannah had stormed off like the drama queen that she is, I stayed glued on my seat begging the just and fair god to have someone smack me on my face for being so stupid. As if my thoughts weren't already agonizing enough, my phone suddenly started 'dinging' relentlessly, it was like the entire universe was simultaneously sliding in my DMs, I ignored the thing letting it go on for a while.

Well I had other things to attend to, like the fact that my crush of a long time might or might not like me.

My body might have been reacting in excitement to savannah's confession, but my young mind was still stuck on the fact that she had been trying to sabotage my life both at school and at home, for all I knew, she probably wanted to maliciously out me to my parents. Well I was out to my cousins plus steph and Jordan, but to rest of the world, I neither said I was gay nor did I say that I was straight, and I might have let it slip to savannah that I liked girls.

For a while, i had considered coming out to my parents on many occasions when I had had an extra shot of adrenaline, but they are lethally homophobic; I wouldn't want to get on their nerves with my sexuality, at least not while they were still paying my phone bill, it was already bad enough that I wasn't a model daughter.

"You might want to shut that mother fucker up" a guy seated at a table with a bunch of guys from the soccer team, addressed my phone. While I was still thinking about my comeback, another guy from the same also commented "That is one hell of a position. Know what am saying?" I assumed he was talking about my legs that were straddling the bench Savannah left me on. But oh boy... I was so young and wrong.

Being the hormonal teenagers they were, they wouldn't stop making weird sex jokes, I grabbed my shit and made my way to their table "I don't serve virgins" I snorted leaving them dumbfounded for a second. Well I didn't really have a problem with virgins, but I knew it is a sore subject young adults.

Since I had settled on the fact that Savannah wasn't my stalker, I was only left with proving that Jordan was the one; I finally made up my mind to tell my dad the necessary details about the whole odeal and convince him to use his nerdy gears to find the person who deleted the CCTV footage, but someone grabbed me before I could another foot through the cafeteria exit. "The fuck you are doing hoe?" I spat at whoever it was, only to realize that it was Jordan. My mood was still sore from my time with Savannah.

"It's not a good time, Jordan. You have classes to attend, go for them." I briskly walked away from him. Or tried to, grabbing my hand for the second time, he said; "I know it's not a good time, that's why I want to be here", well that increased my suspicions about him even more.

"You don't know what 'not-a-good-time' looks like. Do you?"

"I know enough to worry" He couldn't get any more obvious.

"Why exactly are you here anyway?" I abruptly ceased trying to get away from him, and he almost walked right into me.

"You haven't checked your phone. Have you?" He questioned with scared curiosity. I searched his face to clear my confusion.

"Don't check your phone, if you haven't yet. At least not while you are here" he gestured with his hand at the hallway that seemed to have way too many students for that hour on a Thursday when most students were supposed to have classes. Anybody who has heard of me, knows that I respond to caution and to being told what to do on the reverse, so I fished out my phone, "what am I supposed to be looking for?" His entire face transformed into a scared animal.

"I really am stupid, dammit_ NOT NOW crystal" Jordan dived for my phone, before I could spell the word "what!"

A few students were looking our way, and if I didn't know any better, I would have thought that they were pointing fingers at me, but I chose to not be naive and paid them no mind, instead I went back to the job at hand, getting back phone from Jordan.