Chapter 21

Chapter 21

It had been a few days since we left the camp, and honestly, I feel like life has been sucked out of me but in a not-depressing kind of way, because at least it doesn't feel like am living my life in oblivion.

Everything was going perfectly, and then Nick had to open his stupid mouth and ask just the right question to throw me off the edge down to the bottom of everything. Of course I was a fucking bet between Nick and Savannah and they played me so well. The worst part of it is, I still see beautiful dreams of savannah and I in my sleep and above every other sense of idiocy I know am blessed with, I keep falling for her every single time I see her from across the room, or in the hallway laughing at something Stephanie had said. You know like I said, for her, am falling all the way, and maybe I want to see the bottom of it, I want to see the rock bottom of loving savannah. It always took everything in me not to push her in the closest stall and do the things I have always wanted to do to her every time I saw her.

She sent me a tone of messages, but well, I was still heartbroken. Fighting with her gave me enough time to do the biggest parts of my art project. And of course it had savannah written all over it. I tried to capture my near-death experience as best as I could.

For the first canvas, It was a girl drowning in a water body that looked calm at the surface but raging beneath the surface and she was fighting against a tide that was a lot stronger than her. Another girls face (savannah) came along with the tide, her eyes were sparkling and were strained on me. friends and family were down at the bottom of the abyss in which the water was getting emptied into ready to catch me at my landing, but also, they were up at the shores ready to cheer me at my victory.

And for the second canvas, the angelic face in the water was still with the drowning girl in the tide, but it had transformed into an auto spiral which I tried to make as lustrous as possible to lighten the dark mood in the first canvas. So the two girls never hit rock bottom, neither did they beat the tide, but rather embraced its force as it came, and found beauty in doing so.

i submitted them to Mr. Gilberts and he said "it will electrify the judges, am so proud of you" I tried so hard not to imagine how it would feel like, to hear the am-so-proud-of-you part from parents, because I know it might never come. In a week's time I will be done with the whole project and wait to take the competition by storm, or so that's what I thought.

***

Today, we will be having one of those family dinners at the Daniels' and I was dreading it already, but I didn't mind it that much, because my favourite cousin who had been in Perth for a month was back, and he knew that I was gay and head over heels for savannah and was cool with it, and he was going to be joining us. And I was finishing my driving lessons with him then, because he part times at a driving school and they let him teach me.

Stephanie, Jordan and savannah will be coming together in savannah's new Mercedes since they all were staying late trying to finish their projects for the gifted hunt before the dead line, apparently Savannah's mom wanted to meet her daughter's friends. I hated that savannah was Nick's duet partner but of course I couldn't really do anything about it, they were both great dancers, and needed each other to win.

***

"Look, am really sorry, I don't even know how to make it better, but watching you and not being able to talk you, is taking a toll on me" savannah said after she had grabbed me from the corridor and locked us both in her room. I realized that a lot of things had changed since the last time I was in her room, but I liked the change. Despite having tried to avoid her, our proximity made my body respond to her touch in ways it shouldn't if I was to still be mad at her, I found myself willing to hear whatever she had to say for herself.