Chapter 24

Chapter 24

The text savannah had promised didn't come, nor did she call. I waited for her till midnight and she never came, I tried to call but it took me straight to voicemail. I went to sleep against my will in hope that savannah would call me to our secret spot but she didn't. Stephanie did text me though, and we chatted for a little before I dozed off.

The next day was a Saturday, which meant that I needed to find a sensible reason to miss my dad's golf game or, go and pretend to like the game. While I was still weighing my options, I turned in my bed bracing myself for when Miko shoots straight into my room. But the consistent dings on my phone just couldn't let me have a quiet meditative morning in bed. After the hundredth time I forced myself to find it across the room where I had hurled it when I realized savanna wasn't going to call, and then boom!

Savannah had gone out to party with Nick, at least that's what the pictures on her instagram dictated, and it made even more sense as to why she couldn't be reached yesterday. The picture was posted at four in the morning that can only mean that she won't be going with her brother for his game. Someone who slept drunk at around five in the morning can only wake up around midday right? I was itching with jealousy because she chose him and not me, so after I had gotten ready, I lied to my dad claiming I had a school project to finish with savannah and dashed out of the house straight to her place. Well you cant really blame me, I was a lovesick teenager.

Her mom was already leaving and Mart's car was not parked anywhere visible so I assumed he had already left for his game. "She's still in her room, see you girls later at dinner with your parents" and with that, she disappeared in her Bentley.

I went upstairs two steps at a time, suddenly her room seemed way too far from the entrance, she was still asleep and by the looks of it, she was going to wake up with a massive headache, so I searched through her house for some Advil and placed them next to the glass of water I had already brought to her study desk, and since I hadn't sleep well myself, I sneaked myself into her blanket, held her to myself and went back to sleep.

The next time I woke up, the room was completely bathed in sunlight, savannah was lying on her back typing away on her phone, and my face was buried in the crook of her neck, so I lazily spoke into her neck.

"you didn't call, you didn't text, your Instagram posts hurt me , you wouldn't choose me, but I love you and I guess love is really blind" I snuggled myself deeper into her, her hand that was running through my hair, moved to my waist to hold me tighter and keep me in place.

"Babe am so sorry" she spoke into my hair and I smiled at the endearment, I could feel her exhaustion so I forgave her as fast as it took her to apologize.

We lounged in her bed some more and did all the sickly cute things that teenage couples do, savannah was being a lot clingy and I liked it so I let her be, she tricked me into showering at her place just so I could leave my clothes in her room and go back home in hers, she insisted on sitting on my laps when we had brunch, and hand fed me till I was full, she kissed me almost randomly, even on our way to my home, she drove very slowly and kept her hands on me, either caressing my thigh or squeezing my hand, when we were a few blocks away from my house, she stopped the car and locked her lips on mine in an intense make out session by the road which had me gasping for breath. I would have even let her take me right in the middle of the road.

"I won't be able to do this at your house" she said out of breath and reconnected our lips. I didn't mind kissing the most beautiful I know.

After dinner at my place savannah helped my mom clean up and she went home in Mart's car leaving hers behind. At around midnight she came back through my window and we cuddled ourselves to sleep, the next morning I woke up to her telling my mom that she just came in the morning to pick up her car.