Chapter 6

Just to clarify, this is chapter six, right? Yeah I hope so-

———

Zak's POV

I decide not to go home, not wanting to deal with my family at the moment. Instead, I walk down my road, past my house and all the other beat up houses, and make it to the tree line at the end of the road. The trees at the end of the road blocked all view from the other side. Few went back there, some say it's haunted, others simply don't care. I ignored those rumors, and went back there anyway, and I have ever since.

I push a branch to the side, and quickly run past it. It snaps back into place behind me, making the road on the other side only slightly visible. I walk through the small patch of trees, and come out in a huge field. There's a tree in the middle of it, with a torn up blanket on the ground next to it.

I make my way over to it, collapsing on it when I get there. I groan before turning around to lay on my back. I look at the morning sky, the color starting to come back into it. It was around 7 AM by now, and I knew I would be spending my day like this, just staring at the sky.

...

At least that's what I was supposed to do, until my phone rang. Not bothering to see who the heck is ruining my sky session, I answer the phone. "Hello?" I say in a tired voice. "Hey Skeppy!" the familiar voice of Zelk says through the phone. I sigh quietly. "What do you need, Zelk?"

I could picture his grin in my mind right now, already knowing what he's going to ask. "Well uh..I wanted to know what you decided about going to that party tonight..?" he trails off. I groan. "You know what Zelk, I'll be there. But I'm not drinking anything, and I mean it."

I could hear his cheer and a quick thanks from the other side of the phone before he hung up. I knew the only reason I was going to this party was this get my mind off my life, but I knew I shouldn't be going at all. I don't want a repeat of last time..

I sigh again, before rolling onto my side and falling asleep.

———

Dude, I meant to make this long but I didn't have the time. Next chapter will be out soon, and hopefully longer. But I'm behind on homework and probably failing social studies right now soo, yeah. But have a great day/night! (It's 10:36 PM for me right now).

Word Count: 452