chapter 6

NAILEAS POV

it was the morning after the party and i woke up hungover in amys apartment. my makeup is smeared all over the pillowcase. i look at my phone and it was 2:36 in the afternoon. 'oh my god' i thought to myself, i know i was drinking last night but i didn't expect to wake up this late.

amy walked in holding a cup of tea, sitting next to me. "how are you feeling?" amy asked. i didn't know. "it's complicated. i wanted to talk to niko last night but i-" i freeze. "but i was too nervous" amy kept talking, but i didn't hear a word she said. my mind was somewhere else.

amy drives me home, she didn't have much to drink last night - she had to babysit me and chrystal. amy dropped me off and i hug her goodbye. i could hardly walk up the stairs.

it was now 7:00pm. i get into comfy clothes and just lay in my bed rewatching some of my favourite movies.

OUTFIT

i got a message on your phone, i quickly grabbed it hoping it would be niko - it wasn't niko, it was chrystal

i got a message on your phone, i quickly grabbed it hoping it would be niko - it wasn't niko, it was chrystal. i let out a big sigh. i didn't feel like talking to anybody else but him right now.
____________________________________

damn i got wasted last night lmaoo,
ya welcome for giving you the couch
my backs killing me. did u speak to niko?

nah i didn't, way too awks

shittt, that sucks. have u heard
anything from him yet?
read at 7:48pm
____________________________________

i turn off my phone and keep telling myself that the reason i haven't heard from niko is because he would probably be 'too wasted' right now. i still had a little bit of hope though, but it wasn't looking too good.

i started to doze off to sleep, until i heard my phone vibrating on my nightstand next to me. i ignore it at first thinking that it was just chrystal, but i decide to quickly look just to make sure. it was niko.
i ended up falling asleep early.
____________________________________

niko: hello?
nailea: hey..
niko: hi..
niko: fuck this is awkward
nailea: yeah, kinda. it's very awkward.
niko: can i come over?
nailea: uh..? now?
niko: yeah, i think we need to talk
nailea: oh ok? sure you can come over
niko: alright, see you soon
____________________________________

i kick the sheets of myself and get out of bed. i slowly walk down the stairs and sit on the couch waiting for him to get to my apartment. it was a bit of a struggle to not just fall asleep there and then, but i kept myself awake at the thought of him being here soon.