Chapter 15

Hamza’s POV

It was a Friday morning and I was all so very excited to go to the uni today. I dunno what this excitement all about was, but one thing was sure that Hiba was a major part of it. I was smiling idiotically thinking of her.

She has been very quiet and silent after Jannet and I got a little mischievous with her the other day. She would speak only when asked a question and answered only in one words. I felt very guilty about it but that was all for fun and Hiba being a little stubborn wouldn’t let us speak at all. Today am gonna mend it all inshallahutalah.

We were to meet in library after the classes to work on the project assigned to us. Thank Allah she did not deny meeting up. I must say she is quite professional.

********

In the library.

After the last class Hiba went out to meet one of our statistics professor coz she had some doubt I suppose. She had asked Jannet to tell me to wait in the library while she would get done with her stuffs and meet me there directly.

I obliged to what was informed to me. On the way to the library I got an idea of saying sorry or showing it rather. Instead of taking the route to the library I walked up to the cafeteria. Coming out I saw that it was time for the Zohar prayers.

I made my way out of the uni towards the mosque nearby. Inshallahutalah I wouldn’t be late. And inshallahutalah make it in time to the library.

After half an hour I walked back to the library, to find a ladies bag placed beside my bag on the table I thought me and Hiba would sit and discuss about the project. But I guess someone else wanted the place. I just went ahead and looked at the bag not confident about checking it out or simply placing it on any other table.

Right then an assistant librarian passed my way… “Do you need anything?” she asked.

“umm…yes mam.. I was thinking whose bag this would be beside mine.” I answered.

“Ah! This?” she asked pointing towards the bag. I nodded. “This bag belongs to an MBA student. I guess she is in the prayer room right there” she pointed towards the corner of the library that had a door.

“Thank you mam, I better wait until she is done.” I said and she left smiling.

I sat down on the chair besides the table and waited for Hiba to show up. But there was no sign of her. I then thought of going on and checking out what the prayer room looks like until she is here.

As I entered the door which was supposed to be the prayer I found three other doors. All of them were wide open. I peeped into the first one it smelt all roses and flowers. My eyes wandered from left corner slowly moving towards the right and in the midst there I saw an idol of what I suppose was of a Hindu goddess. I moved ahead and found another door wide open I peeped in and found a big cross hung on the front wall. I moved ahead and found a pair of ladies footwear out at the door. I peeped in and found rug mats spread on the floor. In a shelf on the side walls were kept books. I slowly moved forward and found a lady like figure bowing down. I moved towards the shelf of books. And was pleased to find out that they were not books but, the Quran. That brought a smile on my face. It was the least expected thing in the university like this. I moved ahead and took out a thin book labelled Surah Yaseen.

I thought of reading it until Hiba is in the library. I carried the book with me and searched for a place to sit and recite the Surah. I found one and made myself comfortable near a wall. I started reciting the surah. After a while I looked up to see the same figure going for the sujood again. It just caught my attention and dunno why it seemed like it was Hiba. Nevertheless I continued reciting and when I was done I just sat there resting my head on the wall at the back and reciting small prayers.