Chapter 14

Hamza's POV

"Hey Hiba my name starts with an 'H' too... you forget me?" I asked her scratching the back of my head.

Suddenly her head snapped back as if a lightning...and...........i....i......was lost.

Lost...in almond eyes. This was the first time ever she looked up at me and ya Allah.! with these lovely eyes she seemed nothing less an angel. She had perfectly shaped eyes. She did not wear kohl. She was just her natural self and......i...it was magnificent.

I could not get my eyes off her face. This was the first time ever I was looking at her face properly, though we hung out together with Jannet, I never got to see her properly. Her skin was the Asian type a little tanned but not much. She had a cute rounded nose. Her lips made up perfect curves a shade of dark pink. Her eyes so enchanting and mesmerising that I could just continue looking at them and never get tired. I could wake up every morning just to see this face beside me. oh how beautiful.!

SubhanAllah SubhanAllah.. I recited in my head. And I guess it even slipped out of my mouth as I see she suddenly snapped her gaze back down. But I could not get my eyes off her. I stood there starring at her like an idiot.

"Astagfirullah Astagfirullah.!" She recited again and again. She seemed so cute when embarrassed, the tip of her nose turned to a shade of pink. And she kept reciting Astagfirullah.

"ahaaan.! So you got a perfect partner" Jannet came in winking at both of us. That bought me out of my beautiful gaze.

"um...ye....yeah.." I stuttered scratching the back of my head.

"well then, let us go and file our names with our partners" Jannet announced while marching ahead us. Hiba and I followed.

After everyone was done registering their names with their partners we were instructed to take seats with our partners. So yeah me and Hiba were to sit together. Obviously she wouldn't come up to my place so I had to go take a seat beside hers.

The moment I arrived she moved to the extreme right corner of the seat leaving a good two people distance in between. At first it shocked me and frankly I was a little hurt but then this was right and this was how it is supposed to be. I smiled thinking how well she practices Islam and its teachings.

"ok class now that you have partners I hope you form good teams and I have some excellent presentations." Miss. Veena started "Most of you are not each other's friends and may have ego problems but that is what I exactly want, be patient, socialize and learn to deal with difficult people. You all are gonna be MBA's in two years of time you should be good at socializing and dealing with people. Nevertheless, here are your topics." And with that she distributed papers that had our topics written on them.

"THE CONTRACT ACT" I read out loud after I received the paper of our topic. " oh my Allah I know nothing of this business law help me with this." I said under my breath but I guess she heard it as she said....

"It's not that difficult. In fact it is the easiest we could get. We'll do well Inshallahutalah." She confirmed still holding her head down and never looking anywhere but at the bench.

I smiled "well hope we do the best and not only 'well' , coz you know we are now in a competition" I said,not sure of my words. I just wanted to talk to her and make her talk to me more and more.

"hmmm..." she replied.

"ok class so you have a time of 15days and on the 16th day we have all the 30 presentations. Make sure your presentations do not exceed the time of 7minutes. Is that clear class?" Miss.Veena interrupted our conversation.